M5Greg

Carbodies update

Who owns JOG, is it anyone on here, is it possibly for sale??

Just now, GhiaMk4/5 said:

Who owns JOG, is it anyone on here, is it possibly for sale??

He lives just a couple of minutes away from me, someone I know asked him what he was going to do with it and he told him he was going to scrap it but that was about 3 years ago and it's still there. It desperately needs saving. 

What part of Kent is it in. You couldn't get a telephone number for the owner by any chance, l fancy a challenge.

8 hours ago, GhiaMk4/5 said:

What part of Kent is it in. You couldn't get a telephone number for the owner by any chance, l fancy a challenge.

The car is in the car park of the Jolly Fisherman pub in Greatstone, about 30 minutes from junction 10 of the M20, I think he is on the Cortina owner’s forum.

34 minutes ago, John Mack said:

:drool:  Stunning looking car, well done .

:thumbsup:

Thank you.

If you look on Google Maps Street View you can see JOG on the back of a recovery truck. Has Dave.Com already there ??? :sofa1:

1 minute ago, Steve Walton said:

If you look on Google Maps Street View you can see JOG on the back of a recovery truck. Has Dave.Com already there ??? :sofa1:

It's not on the truck anymore he must have sold it, someone stole both the truck and JOG a few years ago but they were both found and returned.

1 hour ago, M5Greg said:

It's not on the truck anymore he must have sold it, someone stole both the truck and JOG a few years ago but they were both found and returned.

I hope someone manages to get it bought and save it.

JOG belongs to a guy called John. He is a member on here but not been active for a while. Was bought off Jim (littlenewt on here), also not active for a while but both active on Facebook. John is a car painter by trade and does want to restore it but unfortunately has nowhere better to store it until it gets it's turn.

Just a small update, I've managed to find some material to repair the sun damaged and torn back seat from a company in Germany.

I got a local trim company to sew it all together and I'm really pleased with the colour match and look of the material.

I managed to get the back seat back in the car today, so as far as restoration goes I think the car is done.

Normal Cortina problems so far have been failed starter motor and split propshaft Guibo joint, the starter I had a spare and the joint I got a new one from Burtons.

IMG_0418.jpeg

IMG_5345.jpeg

IMG_5538.jpeg

IMG_7082.jpeg

• Like 1

That's a really good repair to the seat, is it NOS material, l had a mishap with a tin of gold hammerite on my back seat, doh!!

3 hours ago, GhiaMk4/5 said:

That's a really good repair to the seat, is it NOS material, l had a mishap with a tin of gold hammerite on my back seat, doh!!

It's not NOS but very close to the original material, I spent some time on fabric supply companies websites sending off for samples until I found this stuff from a company in Germany.

It was around £17 a metre plus a quite expensive £35 postage.

Looks great!  :thumbsup:...............and I do like your steering wheel too.

What radio/cassette player is fitted?......any pictures please?

Those seats look mint !

2 hours ago, John Mack said:

Looks great!  :thumbsup:...............and I do like your steering wheel too.

What radio/cassette player is fitted?......any pictures please?

Thank you, the stereo is a Pioneer KEX73 with a GM4 amp, I have got some bigger amps and a graphic equaliser but as I only have the front speakers its not worth fitting it and tapes just don't sound that great these days. Its what I had fitted to my first Cortina, I had to fit a new drive belt but surprisingly it was available on eBay.

P1040368.jpeg