M5Greg

Carbodies update

2 hours ago, FKLGLS said:

Those seats look mint !

Thanks, the only thing is now I want to re-do the rear side panels and arm rests to match.

4 hours ago, M5Greg said:

Thank you, the stereo is a Pioneer KEX73 with a GM4 amp,

Looks great in there! :thumbsup:

That rear seat looks the biz Greg!

4 hours ago, Beowulf said:

That rear seat looks the biz Greg!

Thanks mate, looking forward to the next instalment of ALN now the roof is done.

On 2/18/2020 at 7:56 PM, M5Greg said:

Thanks mate, looking forward to the next instalment of ALN now the roof is done.

Edited by DMR

On 2/18/2020 at 7:56 PM, M5Greg said:

Well I have to say Greg that is 100% the best restoration I've seen for a long while 

nice to see how high it looks on the front to 

did you say they were -1" 

thanks mate 

Darren. 

22 minutes ago, DMR said:

Well I have to say Greg that is 100% the best restoration I've seen for a long while 

nice to see how high it looks on the front to 

did you say they were -1" 

thanks mate 

Darren. 

Thanks Darren, the springs are 1 inch lower than standard.

Greg

5 minutes ago, M5Greg said:

Thanks Darren, the springs are 1 inch lower than standard.

Greg

Cheers greg I'll have to owe you some of these 🍺 🍺 🍺🍺🍺

best regards 

Darren. 

2 hours ago, Crayford MK4 said:

love this mk5 

beautiful job 

glad she's on the road 

Thank you, how’s your mk4 coming on?

Just a little update, took the car for its second MOT today and it passed no problem, hard to believe its been on the road for a year even if it hasn't had much use.

Finally decided to fit the mud flaps and I'm really pleased with how it looks, I held off fitting them because of the insane price sets go for I was worried about loosing one, the last set of 2 I saw went for £120. The only problem is the instruction picture on the back shows the bolt heads facing outwards towards the tyres which I think doesn't look right so I've turned them round for now.

Had to remove the engine a few weeks ago because of a bad oil leak from the sump gasket, when I gave the engine a quick overhaul I used the later one piece rubber gasket, which leaked.  Still not learning my lesson I dropped the front cross member and all its attachments and tried another one with the correct sealant, it leaked even worse so I took the engine out this time as its easier and used the original style multi piece gasket with Wells seal. A few miles and weeks later its dry as a bone, apart from normal maintenance and whatever comes up I think she's finally finished so thank you all for the praises, kind words, help and encouragement, it means a lot to me. 

IMG_6377.jpeg

IMG_4805.jpeg

IMG_2818.jpeg

IMG_6866.jpeg

IMG_9964.jpeg

IMG_4981.jpeg

• Like 2

The car is a credit to you, takes some justifying the price of them mudflaps, but they do look right.

Beautiful. 
I still haven’t fitted the mudflaps to my LS. Having seen yours, I may be more tempted! 

21 hours ago, GhiaMk4/5 said:

The car is a credit to you, takes some justifying the price of them mudflaps, but they do look right.

9 hours ago, btboy said:

Beautiful. 
I still haven’t fitted the mudflaps to my LS. Having seen yours, I may be more tempted! 

Thank you, I do think they set the car off nice.

Hi Greg,

I was looking through my old photo album, and found a few pics of cars i drove, and looked them up to see if they were still on the road or had Mot history etc,  & your car came up TNC 88X......

i drove it brand new & was my demonstrator at Quicks.... I will dig out the 2 photos and post them on the forum if interested?

i also had another Carbodies, TNC 750X, as my demonstrator afterwards, and had it for a long period, which it was nice in the summer, but not in the winter!

it was a Dark Gold colour, and I think we sprayed the lower half a light gold colour, in a bid to create interest.

cheers

Gary