M5Greg

Carbodies update

I've still had no luck with a scuttle panel so I'm going to see the best price I can get a LHD one for and cut it about to make it fit, there is a few people selling LHD ones so should be able to get one fairly easy.

I've removed the old scuttle and glad I did as it had quite a lot of rust plus the repairs the Brass Monkey had done.

On Monday I'm going to Restore A Ford with lots of pics of the car so Stuart can give me an idea of price and what work I can do before it goes there.

DSC00869_zpsuax7ll0r.jpg

DSC00870_zpsemzois5y.jpg

DSC00871_zpsa8vkf2s7.jpg

DSC00872_zpsv2wt5ms3.jpg

DSC00873_zpswurwx3pq.jpg

It's not surprising really - I don't see how Ford could paint all the area inside the scuttle unless they dipped the shell, or used electrostatic or something.

It's not surprising really - I don't see how Ford could paint all the area inside the scuttle unless they dipped the shell, or used electrostatic or something.

I did find some of the factory looking Yellow underseal and seam sealer in there so I think that was maybe the only attempt Ford had at rust prevention.

Your Mk5 is looking good, I've been following your progress and it looks like you are having fun in it.

Greg Have you tried here in Australia. There are lots and lots of mk4 and mk5 Cortinas here. These are all R.H.D. Just a thought,,

Greg Have you tried here in Australia. There are lots and lots of mk4 and mk5 Cortinas here. These are all R.H.D. Just a thought,,

Thats a good idea, I hadn't even thought of Australia I'll have a look now.

Cheer's

Hi Rich hows it going over east

Hi Rich hows it going over east

Hey Nick, All good thanks. Still here and loving every minute..lol..Still got the fleet. All good with you??...

post-1558-015983800 1468411030_thumb.jpg

Thats a good idea, I hadn't even thought of Australia I'll have a look now.

Cheer's

Hi Greg.

I'm in Brisbane Happy to help out if need be. Just shoot me a PM.. RICH.

Hi Greg.

I'm in Brisbane Happy to help out if need be. Just shoot me a PM.. RICH.

Thats great, thanks Rich

I've been looking on the Australian eBay, no panel as yet but a few cars on there I wouldn't mind owning.

I've been looking on the Australian eBay, no panel as yet but a few cars on there I wouldn't mind owning.

I had this dream to fly to Australia. Buy a Cortina with a large engine, do a road trip, crate up the car and ship it back to the UK. :thumbup:

I had this dream to fly to Australia. Buy a Cortina with a large engine, do a road trip, crate up the car and ship it back to the UK. :thumbup:

I've always wanted to do the same but South Africa and an XR6.

Well come on then the both of you.LOL..Plenty of Cortina's here. More mk3,4,5 around to buy. MK4's are the most available. Some with V8's and most with 6 cylinder 4.1 Litre motors and 4 cylinders

New panels do pop do from time to time Greg, More likely to find a mint second hand one...

Edited by Captin Crayford

MK4's are the most available. Some with V8's and most with 6 cylinder 4.1 Litre motors and 4 cylinders

and you're on the gold coast too, perfect for a road trip. I won't rule it out, maybe for my 50th birthday.

Are the 4.1 litres straight or V six?

Straight six motors.

:icecream:

Fantastic. So far I've owned a Daimler 4.0 straight six and a Carlton GSi3000 3.0 straight six and both were lovely engines. Smooth and power delivery like a turbine.