M5Greg

Carbodies update

Good to see an update on this one :thumbup:

Nice work Greg, keep it up, love your updates!

just a quick update, my car has been held up by a naughty Capri but should be with Restore A Ford within the next 2 weeks, so while I wait I bought a small sand blaster cabinet and had a little play with some brackets and fittings.

DSC01408_zpsaswyub3h.jpg

DSC01434_zpssdl5ixw8.jpg

DSC01511_zps29n5diem.jpg

DSC01475_zpsuifrtnmx.jpg

DSC01512_zpsiuwbjyc7.jpg

DSC01460_zps3kzacs6l.jpg

DSC01513_zpsg7hvkegs.jpg

DSC01482_zpsezzytknv.jpg

DSC01495_zps11clfxnw.jpg

DSC01459_zpsuxbctvm0.jpg

DSC01496_zpspcaedlfg.jpg

That's what a clothes horse should be used for! 😀😀

That's what a clothes horse should be used for! 😀😀

That's what I said, still had to buy a new one though because apparently they are used for drying clothes.

Greg

Those look great it makes it all so much quicker and satisfying, whats the paint you used on the Exhaust hanger please?

Greg

Those look great it makes it all so much quicker and satisfying, whats the paint you used on the Exhaust hanger please?

I etch primed it first then normal primer and the Gold is Hammerite smooth, I wouldn't normally use Hammerite because I've seen it react quite badly but for little bits like this it seemed to work ok.

I etch primed it first then normal primer and the Gold is Hammerite smooth, I wouldn't normally use Hammerite because I've seen it react quite badly but for little bits like this it seemed to work ok.

Thanks Greg

It looks just like you had the part plated .

Thanks Greg

It looks just like you had the part plated .

Cheers, thats what I was hoping to do but I've so much that needs plating I thought for under the car I'd experiment with paint. I already had the Smoothrite and was happy with the look of it so I didn't try any other make of paint.

• Upvote 1

Great work.

The day is finally here, Stuart came to collect the car this morning and dropped off a 2.8 V6 at the same time, it's the first time in 20 odd years the car has been on the road.

The 2.8 is something I wanted to do but only if a decent one came along and for a sensible price, I like the 2.3 but the 2.8 is so much better.

P1040271_zps5ojwjhhr.jpg

fullsizeoutput_17da_zps6nsbtyyw.jpeg

DSC01542_zpsxhtd9al4.jpg

I'm getting a replacement panel sent from Germany this week to replace the cut one but you won't believe this I have just bought a brand new RHD scuttle panel on eBay, 3 years of searching nothing so I buy 2 hand made ends from expressed (£250) and a LHD one (150 euro)for the centre and a week later a RHD one comes up for sale.

The only problem it is collection only and it's in Widnes Cheshire and I'm 286 miles away, so it looks like a bit of a long drive awaits me.

Oh and does anybody want to buy 2 hand made ends and a LHD scuttle panel.

But best to put a wanted post up someone near where it is would pick it up for you

I'm not far from Widnes and could possibly help you out with collection and store it whilst you sort out collection if that helps.

I am going to the mk1 nats in Stratford upon Avon and could take it there ?