M5Greg

Carbodies update

Hi Greg,

Can I ask what type of paint you used on the under bonnet felt please?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

It was Simoniz acrylic matt Black, I gave it a couple of coats just to be sure.

Hi Steve,

It was Simoniz acrylic matt Black, I gave it a couple of coats just to be sure.

Thanks Greg.

She's going to look lovely on the road in that colour :icecream:

post-12576-0-73469200-1534023761_thumb.j

What colour hood you going for ? Ive always thought blue look great on a blue car :icecream:

image816032016616633.jpg

• Upvote 1

Lovely work there Greg 👍

She's going to look lovely on the road in that colour :icecream:

post-12576-0-73469200-1534023761_thumb.j

What colour hood you going for ? Ive always thought blue look great on a blue car :icecream:

image816032016616633.jpg

Lovely work there Greg

Thank you both.

I'm going to have the hood Black, I like the Blue hood especially on the E30 but I think the Black hood really suits the mk5.

WOW!! This is looking real pretty Greg!! Absolutely loving it :drool:

Thanks mate, how's things with you?

Do you know what after going back through you build, I will have to agree with Jimbo :thumbup:

Do you know what after going back through you build, I will have to agree with Jimbo :thumbup:

Thank you, it's a shame all the pictures from my early posts disappeared when photo bucket threw their toys out the pram.

I sent my carb off to Gower & Lee for an overhaul a month or so ago and today they sent me a picture of the finished article all ready to come back, so hopefully I might be able to get the engine running this weekend. I know a lot of people hate the Pierburg but I've never had any trouble with them and I wanted to keep the original air filter housing without raising it up with the Webber adaptor.

20181128_095456.jpg

• Upvote 3

Carb looks great. Looks like its been grit/soda blasted.  Anything I blast back to natural metal finish I always give a coat of clear satin lacquer, stops it rusting/corroding again over time and maintains that clean new finish.  Might not be practical with the carburettor though unless it's a good petrol resistant coating.  

Always nice to see things kept original especially after going to such lengths and the attention to detail you've put in.  The car is going to be stunning.

4 hours ago, RT 1006 said:

Carb looks great. Looks like its been grit/soda blasted.  Anything I blast back to natural metal finish I always give a coat of clear satin lacquer, stops it rusting/corroding again over time and maintains that clean new finish.  Might not be practical with the carburettor though unless it's a good petrol resistant coating.  

Always nice to see things kept original especially after going to such lengths and the attention to detail you've put in.  The car is going to be stunning.

It looks like they've done a good job, all the screws and some of the fittings I'd already had Yellow Zinc plated just to add that finishing touch, if I can I will fit it this weekend and maybe the car will move under it's own power for the first time in over 20 years.