Sign in to follow this  
bugsntinas

engine trouble

Well the aa have been called.apparently the car won't pull away now without cutting out so we seem to be back to square one.

well back to square 1 but about €100 worse off.she ticks over but as soon as ya try and pull away she dies.aa man recons the plugs are .ged again.so i'm none the wiser now as to what the problem is.aa man says it's probably the fuel pump but if it is i'm stuck as in this .ehole of a town they recon they can't get them.

well back to square 1 but about €100 worse off.she ticks over but as soon as ya try and pull away she dies.aa man recons the plugs are .ged again.so i'm none the wiser now as to what the problem is.aa man says it's probably the fuel pump but if it is i'm stuck as in this .ehole of a town they recon they can't get them.

pull the fuel pipe off at the carb, if fuel shoots out whilst engine turns over on the key. The pump should be ok, sounds like distributor problem,

pull the fuel pipe off at the carb, if fuel shoots out whilst engine turns over on the key. The pump should be ok, sounds like distributor problem,

don't know if it dizzy as aa man recons plugs are soaked in fuel again.unbalievably p'd off with it now.

don't know if it dizzy as aa man recons plugs are soaked in fuel again.unbalievably p'd off with it now.

if the plugs are soaked with fuel its unlightly to be the fuel pump at fault. They would be dry and starved of fuel if the pump was'nt working. So its more lightly to be dizzy related. The engine will not pull if points gap is to big or to small. or points pitted. Also try a new condenser.

she had a new condenser and points last week along with rotor and cap.it's amazing how ya can hate a car so quickly.

she had a new condenser and points last week along with rotor and cap.it's amazing how ya can hate a car so quickly.

chin up bugs, you will just have to go though everything again, check that the spark is a good blue colour at the plugs. If its not then somthing is not right.

New stuff can often be old stock held for years or even rejects depending on where it came from. It's not infallible so you may have to try selectiveley putting back the old stuff to eliminate faulty new stuff.

well it probably won't get done tomorrow as i'll have to walk the boys to school only 2 miles each way and i'm a couch potatoe so looking forward to that.if I could swap it for a beetle I would.

New stuff can often be old stock held for years or even rejects depending on where it came from. It's not infallible so you may have to try selectiveley putting back the old stuff to eliminate faulty new stuff.

This is very true, I have seen many new DUFF condensers. This can be judged by strenth and colour of spark.