Lounge Lizard

Your second favourite Ford.

You welcome Bronxglenn. Is it painted with "metalflex"? I can see a very coarse metal.

Yes, metalflake paint. A lot of people want to touch it because it looks like gold sandpaper. In reality the paint surface is as smooth as silk.

Lovely car Glenn, bet it goes and sounds the dogs

Lovely car Glenn, bet it goes and sounds the dogs

LOL Mitch. I'll start The Pussycat up tomorrow morning and give her a blast. Keep your ears open and you might just about hear it in Oban. It sounds like Concorde taking off!

Wow Glen. ..hv to say that's always been me second fav..in fact I nearly went that way instead of OjO. ..what a beautiful car you hv there...cool...

Wow Glen. ..hv to say that's always been me second fav..in fact I nearly went that way instead of OjO. ..what a beautiful car you hv there...cool...

Thanks very much NogE. It's a lot more gold colour than it looks in those pics taken on a Samsung tablet on a dull day.

When I take her ( Mademoiselle Pussycat, as I syill call her ) out most people that approach me with questions don't even know it's a Dagenham made Ford!

Cause they were so ahead of their time in the early 1960's, only 19,421 were made during a 2.5 year production run, most succumbed to the dreaded rust which is why they are seldom seen today.

Just think about it. In 1971, almost 7 years after Ford pulled the plug, the British motorists were still buying the worlds most ugly car of all time. THE MORRIS 1000

As a child I used to say " I wouldn't be seen dead in a Moggy thou ". True to my word, age 63, I have never been in one!!!

Rant over!

Here you go Glenn, lovely car!! Whats been done to it?

consul%20capri_zpszmduvvew.jpg

20150127_091749_zpspc3zyj5l.jpg

THATS REAL REAL NICE THAT :thumbup:

THATS REAL REAL NICE THAT :thumbup:

Thanks cortina.com