Sign in to follow this  
paulsv24

Cortina MK5 1.6L

If anyone would be interested, I'm thinking of selling my Ford Cortina MK5 1600L saloon. I've owned it for six years and have carried out or had loads of work completed on it. It's had a few modifications such as Ghia interior, Alloy wheels (refurbished diamond cut), alloy front hubs, five speed gearbox, Genuine Ford spotlights, CD player, power steering and a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm/immobiliser complete with remote controlled locking/unlocking. The bodywork is in great condition for a Cortina of this age having renewed many panels ie. wings, boot lid,sills, rear lower valance, it has very few small patches of rust but nothing deep/easily repairable. Mechanically, I've renewed the distributor complete with electronic ignition, new carburettor with a Weber twin choke, all front suspension has been polybushed (Superflex bushes) and front crossmember painted also polybushed rear void bushes, front and rear shock absorbers were renewed within the time of owning it. It's just had a new battery, clutch and clutch pedal quadrant fitted and the gearbox oil has been changed too. It has covered just 41,161 miles. It comes with loads of paperwork dating back and including the purchase sale, most MOT sheets and repairs/parts. It's currently on SORN as I haven't used it during the winter and has an MOT until July 2015.

I've got it for sale elsewhere but I would prefer someone on here to purchase it as I'd prefer it go to someone who loves Cortinas.

I would like £3000 ONO.

Thank you for looking.

2015-03-08%2011.59.35.jpg

2015-03-08%2011.58.21.jpg

2015-03-08%2011.58.41.jpg

2015-03-08%2011.59.00.jpg

2015-03-08%2012.01.48.jpg

2015-03-08%2012.00.30.jpg

2015-03-08%2012.01.00.jpg

Was this car in Ashes to Ashes ? I'm sure it was this one, but had an L spec York interior then. :headscratch:

Was this car in Ashes to Ashes ? I'm sure it was this one, but had an L spec York interior then. :headscratch:

That's the car! Yeah I bought the Ghia interior from Jim and changed it.

Might be an idea to mention that your car is a star of the silver screen in your sales pitch. Good luck with it, it is a very nice car. :thumbup:

Ideal summer car for Jayne :thumbup:

Might be an idea to mention that your car is a star of the silver screen in your sales pitch. Good luck with it, it is a very nice car. :thumbup:

Thank you, I'll add that in on the advert. :thumbup:

Saw that on C&C, looks very nice. Real 80's colour!

If it was a 2.0 I'd be very tempted.

Hi Paul. Sorry to hear your selling.

This is a beautiful car that I've parked up with at several shows. It's a credit to Paul and a snip at the asking price.

Hi Paul. Sorry to hear your selling.

This is a beautiful car that I've parked up with at several shows. It's a credit to Paul and a snip at the asking price.

Hi Paul, Many thanks for the compliments, it's a shame in a way but if it doesn't sell you never know I might be parked up with you at the next show!! :cheers:

Lovely looking car!!

Frankie

Lovely looking car!!

Frankie

Thankyou :thumbup: