Sign in to follow this  
littlenewt2067

Cortinas to Cortina 2017

Ah French toll roads. In my twenties we used to do motorbike holidays in France, I had an 1100cc bike and the automatic fines for speeding between toll booths were just considered a holiday expense.

Happy days, but the I grew older and realised I wasn't immortal or invulnerable. :thumbdown:

Me and a friend got caught speeding on a Greek toll road - told the Police sargeant we were Manchester United fans and he let us off :rofl:

My business partner was stopped on the Hungary/Czech border and asked for "papers". He didn't have any but they accepted a receipt from Kwikfit (or similar) for a set of tyres as it had the registration number on. :headscratch:

My business partner was stopped on the Hungary/Czech border and asked for "papers". He didn't have any but they accepted a receipt from Kwikfit (or similar) for a set of tyres as it had the registration number on. :headscratch:

Thats the way - if in doubt baffle with bullshyte - they probably couldnt read english and didnt know what documents for a UK registered car looked like - so a reciept with the reg on could have been it :winner:

When we got stopped in Greece they too asked for "papers " my mate was panicing asking what papers do they want - I said just show them your passport and driving license and when he did they were happy.

Edited by the-ford-cortina.com

As I type this I am in the scorching heat at Lake Garda...I do have the leave booked to be able to do this trip but building work at home and work mean that I really don't have time to make sure the Cortina is ready...Its an auto and I know nothing about it or if its been rebuilt etc, if it was a manual I would chance it but I don't think realistically I will be able to do it...

Its not an outright no, but just not sure at the moment....

What about the rest of you?

As I type this I am in the scorching heat at Lake Garda...I do have the leave booked to be able to do this trip but building work at home and work mean that I really don't have time to make sure the Cortina is ready...Its an auto and I know nothing about it or if its been rebuilt etc, if it was a manual I would chance it but I don't think realistically I will be able to do it...

Im still going Jim

Unfortunately I won't be going due mainly to problems with builders, I have not had chance to check over the cars and get one ready. Really didn't want to miss this but will go in 5 years.

I'm out :( mainly because I can't trust my back to not make me immobile over such a long drive. One or maybe 2 days a week I can cope with driving long distance but this is too much.

For those of us who were planning to go but can't now for one reason or another, there is the Mk3 nationals in Scotland next year :thumbup:

I have never heard so many feeble excuses in my life glad I am only 74 and hope I can go again in 2022 you will have 5 years to sort your cars out or maybe take them on a trailer. We set off Saturday. I will post photos on facebook.

I have never heard so many feeble excuses in my life glad I am only 74 and hope I can go again in 2022 you will have 5 years to sort your cars out or maybe take them on a trailer. We set off Saturday. I will post photos on facebook.

I wish I was young and agile like you :rofl:

I have never heard so many feeble excuses in my life

Have you ever had long term back pain?

My back and knees were giving up after going to the Blaenavon Vintage Show on Monday. That's only in the next county! And I'm only 25! :rofl: