Sign in to follow this  
littlenewt2067

Cortinas to Cortina 2017

My back and knees were giving up after going to the Blaenavon Vintage Show on Monday. That's only in the next county! And I'm only 25! :rofl:

To quote my friend who is about 15 years older than me when I was winging about back pain... "It doesn't get any better you know" :(

Good on you Ronvn , l'm in a similar position, but just carry on regardless, my wife the the other day with her osteoarthritis was in a real mess, bag full of painkillers just to get out of bed. A chap that is in his 80's now would observe me as a teenager lying under cars in all weather, changing clutches, gearboxes, axles etc, even took an Essex V6 out of a car on my own, wrapped a rope over my neck and lifted her out of my Capri, put said engine into a wheelbarrow and then pushed it up a hill for 1/2 a mile to my lock up, l just must have been bl**dy mental, and he said on several occasions, "young man, you will pay for that in later years", and not wishing ti disrespect him, l thought what the f***k does he know, but you know what, he was 100% right, and another bit of wisdom he was always coming out with was, "paint it grey, it will look good", look how many cars are grey today, still wouldn't paint a car grey, well possibly graphite grey.

The weather doesn't look too good some thunder showers forecast.

For those of us who were planning to go but can't now for one reason or another, there is the Mk3 nationals in Scotland next year :thumbup:

Where about please ?

I have never heard so many feeble excuses in my life glad I am only 74 and hope I can go again in 2022 you will have 5 years to sort your cars out or maybe take them on a trailer. We set off Saturday. I will post photos on facebook.

I wish I was retired like you ! ............and glad I'm more understanding!

Safe journey and have a good time. :thumbup:

Edited by John Mack
  • Upvote 2

Where about please ?

Peebles, next June.

Not been here for while due to moving house and having no internet, but all good now (and the mk5 is garaged :thumbup: )..........was looking forward to some Cortinas in Cortina pictures ???????

Anyone......??

Hi John,

Long time since we met up in Northumberland. Might you be going to Peebles next June?

Might they let a couple poor MK5 owners in?

I got your new phone number by the way.

Cheers

Steve

Hi John,

Long time since we met up in Northumberland. Might you be going to Peebles next June?

Might they let a couple poor MK5 owners in?

I got your new phone number by the way.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

Hope you're well, I'll get to Peebles for sure.......if they'll let us in! :D

Anybody planning for the 60th anniversary to Cortina d'Ampezzo next September yet we hope to if Covid is safe

Hi Ron - there is a group on facebook trying to get the run organised . I can ask Graham to include you in the "interested parties " if you like or you can look it up on there . Otherwise , PM me an e-mail address and I will ask him for you . Steve. 

Thanks hope you are keeping well and safe as we are here in Blackpool if it's on we may use the route from 2017 as it's on the map and it was a good run I will keep watching for details.

On 8/4/2021 at 6:05 PM, mk2sav said:

Hi Ron - there is a group on facebook trying to get the run organised . I can ask Graham to include you in the "interested parties " if you like or you can look it up on there . Otherwise , PM me an e-mail address and I will ask him for you . Steve. 

Hi,

I could be interested in the road trip.

Steve

Hi all

Yes, Pete and I have set some dates and put some plans together for next year for what should work out to be the best C2C run yet.  However, its all currently paused due to the ongoing covid situation.  I'm hoping we can make some progress towards it this autumn and start getting a few things set but with September 2022 still a long way off much could change between now and then.  Watch this space as they say!

• Like 1

Been mulling over the 2022 C2C idea, things to do to my car but I'm hoping to it'll be ship shape for this time next year and we'll be Dolomite bound ! 

• Like 1