alan1969

MK5 chassis measurements

Can any body help I am currently doing a total strip and rebuild on my MK5 due to major rot, I have most of the replacement panels / chassis but I am in need of any body work / chassis measurements.

Hi and welcome, I am uploading the chassis dimensions from the ford book, its not great and at the moment I don't have access to a scanner...If you are doing resto work, start up a thread and let us know how you are getting on! :thumbup:

Here you go, I have got the centre crease in both pics so I think you can see all the figures between the two...

5B140567-4894-4EBC-B32E-D4283B770DA9_zpseoxg5fkc.jpg

7FFF4175-F3D7-4FCD-971A-AFAE00F5418F_zpsfm5zhqwr.jpg

how did bodyshops ever managed to repair these when there appears to be no detail drawings?????????????

I've looked for years & all you can get is what you posted????

yet I have an auto databook from 74 that shows just about any dimension for most everyday cars from A-Z from early 60's onwards inc all 3 variants of mk1-2 Cortina can get the A4 photo copied.

I have an auto data book but it only list's the P100 so no good for my 4 door.

There's got to be some upper body dimensions out there somewhere.

does the P100 have the upper dimensions? or just same as this?

this is what I can't understand even the ford manual for mk3/4/5/p100 doesn't have them, never mind the aftermarket???????

mines the 74 edition by autodata.

the only prob with that is that the door & screen size was changed during84 from the est size to the larger saloon one.

if those dimensions are for the earlier est size then the screen & door ones will cover all mk3-4 & the mk5 est.