cortina-city

My Latest project 1971 4 Door GXL

LOL dave that NOS rear door had pinholes ! its ok brazed em up

only a good shotblast could have revealed.

ste, thanks

dave, thanks

i shall contact spray shop and advise of date change

my last car show is this weekend, event city, manchester - last show for swampy (unless I wangle NEC again)

20th to 23rd is good still

event city saturday pass ? :angel_not:

20th to 23rd is good still

event city saturday pass ? :angel_not:

yes got you pass

Ha! My debut on one of Pete's films. :thumbup:

There's some very nice electrickery going on there and I did appreciate the angle grinder air guitar.

another appearance from dave.com

his usual lassez faire cameo

:-)

and yes of course my Jayne and swmbo debut....implied consent of course....

Edited by cortina-city

Has the gearbag got an ecu Pete?

the clues are on the corgi box.....spot the colour combos

Has the gearbag got an ecu Pete?

Ken

AL4D i bought from dave has early 2 pin connector, lockup signal only, vac switch control, non ecu (so good for me) but needs bellhousing from, the granada 2.0 DOHC, which is 3 pin ECU controlled unit A4LDe

Ken

AL4D i bought from dave has early 2 pin connector, lockup signal only, vac switch control, non ecu (so good for me) but needs bellhousing from, the granada 2.0 DOHC, which is 3 pin ECU controlled unit A4LDe

Wee buns to sort out then bud. Nice addition

Ken

Wee buns to sort out then bud. Nice addition

yes Ken

im on a crash A4LD course.

love my auto so.......away we go

so far daves 2.9 box is good, its the right year 1985, so has just wire for lockup. and of course (missing though) kickdown solenoid, but the Granada 2.0 has the kickdown servo (as car is complete and driving..., lovely drive on private roads)

the granada should give me the bellhosuing i need, looking at it it looks like pinto spacing even though its DOHC spacing is same as pinto

so just need to sort flex plate situation, will the DOHC flex plate fit the crank on pinto...i dont know

then decide which of the 2 lock up tc's to use, shaft sizes etc

ill prob bang a little toy on the car in form of a lockup overide swithc, ill see.

oh and the grandad should give me a kickdown delay relay as well as the kickdown solenoid i need

not sure on vac connection to a pinto though

box needs a vac hook up

on DOHC its picking up right by the throttle inlet into plenum chamber/inlet

ill work it out

love it.

Wow Mr city. ...A bit of everything in this video. ..sat up.till gone midnight watching this Pete. ...funny. .seeing that gt you imported reminded me of my wonna do list..

Iv always wanted the rear half of a front killed two door. ..Make a decent trailer for ojo....Craigs got one ..And within minutes yrs was bits..lol..

get show to..see some faces on that one and beautiful cars...well done with the perfection on Ruby. .

Wow Mr city. ...A bit of everything in this video. ..sat up.till gone midnight watching this Pete. ...funny. .seeing that gt you imported reminded me of my wonna do list..

Iv always wanted the rear half of a front killed two door. ..Make a decent trailer for ojo....Craigs got one ..And within minutes yrs was bits..lol..

get show to..see some faces on that one and beautiful cars...well done with the perfection on Ruby. .

Thanks Gary!!!

hope to sort the Autobox mounts and get car for paint. Auto conversion idea has set me back a week at paint shop. Going to offer up the box this weekend

Nice vid with a bonus footage of the show. That rs2000 looked nice on those 15 4spoke reps.

Nice vid with a bonus footage of the show. That rs2000 looked nice on those 15 4spoke reps.

Thanks Rich

ok well I got the box out of the grananda so that I can see if an 2.0 DOHC AL4D gearbox box will fit a pinto.

It does.

However flex plate to crank bolt spacing is slightly different. It almost lines up with a pinto crank but not quite.

Im not sure waht to do now.

Perhaps I coulkd weld the flex plate to fit on a pinto crank.

or im wondering if the pinto engine was every mated up with an A4LD, if so i could find the right flex plate.

well at least im moving forward.

and fast

in case anyone is wondering what im up to, im making the gxl an Auto using an A4LD box which has 4th (overdrive) and TC lock up

becuase i love autos

post-3360-030910900 1475359541_thumb.jpg

post-3360-022227400 1475359542_thumb.jpg

post-3360-011255900 1475359543_thumb.jpg

post-3360-000762500 1475359544_thumb.jpg