cortina-city

My Latest project 1971 4 Door GXL

Nice work Pete :thumbup: Hope your good, see you soon

I like the ashtray light , may have to nick that one, for mine B)

thanks tony, what colour you want? ill build one and bring yat

fit to sidelight feed as its dash out to fit the sensor switch or devise your own system of switch.

Naah just take one of the dozens of programable shift lights you can get on ebay (for about £10) apart and use it to run the green lamp. It just requires a live, earth and feed from coil. Set rpm via a dial on the back.

wow thanks rich ill take a look

:thumbup:

would require a gearbox interface though Rich

perhaps a lamp in dash maybe

this warnign lamp is for immediate action siuations.

though 3 of the 4 functions are now sorted.

whilst on........ive seen auto wiper modules, rain sensors on screens of cars in scrapyards. and.....they are modular, so easy to hook up. how handy would fully automated wipers be........ wow

and of course the auo dip mirror.

IF i can build all these items without it affecting too much the overlall look and feel of car ill do it.

the miles i travel on pleasure trips it means a lot to me.

wipers in light rain and dazzling in rear view mirror are particularily distracting.

pete

Too much electrickery for me. :magic:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=catweazle+electrickery&qpvt=catweazle+electrickery&view=detail&mid=66891C97474B0554AAF766891C97474B0554AAF7&FORM=VRDGAR

However I am trying to learn from you Pete. :frank:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=catweazle+electrickery&qpvt=catweazle+electrickery&view=detail&mid=F0DBCE2D1E141CDFC002F0DBCE2D1E141CDFC002&FORM=VRDGAR

I would want....

1) puddle lights in the base of the door mirrors

2) footwell lights front and rear/maplights front and rear

3) Central locking

4) Aircon

5) Extra legroom for driver

6) Illuminated heater panel..(I see you are onto this)

theres a few things for starters!

I would want....

1) puddle lights in the base of the door mirrors

2) footwell lights front and rear/maplights front and rear

3) Central locking

4) Aircon

5) Extra legroom for driver

6) Illuminated heater panel..(I see you are onto this)

theres a few things for starters!

ELC P,A,S :rolleyes:

JIm

puddle lights in mirror base is pretty easy with todays highpower 5mm Leds. You would never see the LED till it lit.

footwell illumination is easy, especially given the dash on the mk3, very easy to build some ally brackets and fit to dash base

in rubys case red leds would set it off nice.

replacing centre lamp with a good quality led bulb is good. swampy has these and would never go back to filament.

i can actually see what im doing

i would never go without my ignition illuminator either.

could not live without the wash wipe post wipe system or the intermittent delay.

could not live with the standard bulb set up.

ALSO if you rewire the feed to heater box you gain 1.5V and 0.6 amp

when applied to heater fan motor this gives another 300rpm and increased torque and higher CFM

as well as taping up the ducting to reduce losses in the dash tubes (use aluminum tape)

and making sure heter box close down flaps have new closed cell foam flaps.

all this and you got a great fresh air vent and warm feet.

works works works

theres many mods

i wonder if i should make a mods vid to help mk3 owners with some essential mods.?

JIm

puddle lights in mirror base is pretty easy with todays highpower 5mm Leds. You would never see the LED till it lit.

footwell illumination is easy, especially given the dash on the mk3, very easy to build some ally brackets and fit to dash base

in rubys case red leds would set it off nice.

replacing centre lamp with a good quality led bulb is good. swampy has these and would never go back to filament.

i can actually see what im doing

i would never go without my ignition illuminator either.

could not live without the wash wipe post wipe system or the intermittent delay.

could not live with the standard bulb set up.

ALSO if you rewire the feed to heater box you gain 1.5V and 0.6 amp

when applied to heater fan motor this gives another 300rpm and increased torque and higher CFM

as well as taping up the ducting to reduce losses in the dash tubes (use aluminum tape)

and making sure heter box close down flaps have new closed cell foam flaps.

all this and you got a great fresh air vent and warm feet.

works works works

theres many mods

i wonder if i should make a mods vid to help mk3 owners with some essential mods.?

Can you get my heater to blow warm air on my ears at 70mph on the motorway with the roof down?

Can you get my heater to blow warm air on my ears at 70mph on the motorway with the roof down?

depends where your ears are Davide.

Dave goto a decent scrappy 😎 And pickup new merc sl seats they have the air scarfs fitted into seats and retro fit them 👍🏼😂

Dave goto a decent scrappy 😎 And pickup new merc sl seats they have the air scarfs fitted into seats and retro fit them 👍🏼😂

il_fullxfull.329917164.jpg

Yes deffo do a mods vid. I agree they are improvements, mods in some cases especially aesthetic ones to the body etc people will or won't like but to me an improvement to benefit the owner and the driver of the car is the only thing that counts and that is entirely subjective. Obviously any of the mods you mention would benefit anyone because they make the car easier to live with.

Edited by wolfrace

Yes deffo do a mods vid. I agree they are improvements, mods in some cases especially aesthetic ones to the body etc people will or won't like but to me an improvement to benefit the owner and the driver of the car is the only thing that counts and that is entirely subjective. Obviously any of the mods you mention would benefit anyone because they make the car easier to live with.

continued and detailed works on electrical systems

need all the modules and units fitted and running well before i reassemble the car.

built a self check module for the master warning light (4 bit sequencer)

started mock up of dash llumination using a custom bulb set up, red,white and blue leds to give purple red feel to the illumination

for me ive fitted leds insoe the clocks and fitted a molex plug on rear of dash

i like blue illumination but didnt want dash all blue i wanted hints of red

to take the edge off the strong colours and wash it out a bit i fitted whotes too.

the master warnign lamp will now cycle all 4 colours when you switch on ign, it will also only allow immobilise boot up if sequence is allowed to cycle

it also will report via the colours status of track and immobilise on first boot up

AND ! dolly jig has arrived, shell is now rolling on jig ready for soda

post-3360-091680600 1464161154_thumb.jpg

post-3360-048156000 1464161156_thumb.jpg

post-3360-083300200 1464161157_thumb.jpg

post-3360-026557000 1464161159_thumb.jpg

post-3360-050559600 1464161160_thumb.jpg

post-3360-064448400 1464161161_thumb.jpg

post-3360-095883800 1464161162_thumb.jpg

post-3360-024914200 1464161164_thumb.jpg

post-3360-074782200 1464161165_thumb.jpg

built a self check module for the master warning light (4 bit sequencer)

Are you doing it entirely with electronics or using a micro-processor? At some point I'll have to build a stand-alone controller for my supercharger, but most likely I'll do it in software with a PIC processor.

Edited by Danish