cortina-city

My Latest project 1971 4 Door GXL

Anti-lock brakes?

Henry.....good guess.....and good idea....hmmmmm wheres the spanner.......

adding cruise control from granada mk3

Very, very cool. Especially with an automatic. :thumbup:

Heated seats maybe?

Richard.....getting...shall we say......warm :-)

Very, very cool. Especially with an automatic. :thumbup:

Jayne

ECU, couple of brake switches (vac kill ) vac pump, vac bellows, speed sensor (already on box!)

system fits by pedal box, no visible signs in engine bay.

stalk control via twin indicator stalks

using orginal mk3 stalk, up down, resume off etc

press the horn for off LOL

With all the extra electrics/electronics can you keep standard battery and alternator?

PS might as well through in electric power steering 🙄

Good job sir love the modern day comforts. 👍🏼

With all the extra electrics/electronics can you keep standard battery and alternator?

PS might as well through in electric power steering 🙄

Good job sir love the modern day comforts. 👍🏼

ken got a 65a alternator and the battery tray can take a bigger battery

tempted on power steering

off to workshop now

got a nos rad with cooler pipes for the box, going to route the pipes , see if i need to drill any holes etc for pipe route.

better get going.....aint gonna do much on my keyboard.......

gottta get this car nailed.

found an idea for the gate on Cortina Towers

14568156_10211062045576096_6337728519068703315_n.jpg?oh=62ef5711ffb5f500c99de08d9659c3d2&oe=58A81FE4

1476532234[/url]' post='640050']

off to workshop now

got a nos rad with cooler pipes for the box, going to route the pipes , see if i need to drill any holes etc for pipe route.

Hi Pete, I hope you don't mind me saying this but the built in trans coolers are prone to failing and water coolant can then get into the trans oil,this moisture then attacks the auto trans causing corrosion and friction material bonding issues.I appreciate the why you would want to use the OE auto rad as it would look so much neater ,but I would not want to hear of you having an expensive auto trans fail and I had I not mentioned this.A separate trans cooler mounted in front of the rad will be safer.By all means please check what I have said with an auto gearbox rebuilder for their opinion too.thumbsup.gif

• Upvote 1

Hi Pete, I hope you don't mind me saying this but the built in trans coolers are prone to failing and water coolant can then get into the trans oil,this moisture then attacks the auto trans causing corrosion and friction material bonding issues.I appreciate the why you would want to use the OE auto rad as it would look so much neater ,but I would not want to hear of you having an expensive auto trans fail and I had I not mentioned this.A separate trans cooler mounted in front of the rad will be safer.By all means please check what I have said with an auto gearbox rebuilder for their opinion too.thumbsup.gif

Agreed the cost of a full box rebuild because of coolant contamination would be far greater than say £200 for the parts needed to mount a cooler in-front of the rad and also there would be the benefit that if you need to change the rad you won't upset the box cooling at the same time so it would be win win with an external cooler. :thumbup:

A lot to think about.

Agreed the cost of a full box rebuild because of coolant contamination would be far greater than say £200 for the parts needed to mount a cooler in-front of the rad and also there would be the benefit that if you need to change the rad you won't upset the box cooling at the same time so it would be win win with an external cooler. :thumbup:

You can probably make something up cheaper - I had a Rover oil cooler in my previous Mk3, quite cheap NOS off ebay. The hoses cost more than the rad.

You can probably make something up cheaper - I had a Rover oil cooler in my previous Mk3, quite cheap NOS off ebay. The hoses cost more than the rad.

I have a Scimitar oil cooler to one side to show him :thumbup:

You are quite right Jayne, as you say the hoses are the expensive part and if Pete want it to look as if it was meant to be by Ford in gold pass with flexi rubber only at the ends buy the cooler the pipes won't be cheap so the £200 may be just enough.

:thumbup:

Richard.....getting...shall we say......warm :-)

Is it what i would love to have fitted -A/C ??

Come on Pete, you got to pull you're finger out, was building mk3s 10 years ago with electric everything, including air con, electric sunroof, windows, abs, seats, delay interior light, bmw lights , climate control, independent rear end, 4alde box, tilt and slide steering column, expect some more from you, lol, and that's not a dig,