cortina-city

My Latest project 1971 4 Door GXL

Hi Pete is the grey on axle etch/epoxy primer? Thanks

brian grey is etch, but it was mistake, it was supposed to be left bare metal in order I put the chassis black straight on as eastwoods chassis black is supposed to go on bare metal, however I put eastwoods epoxy primer over the grey (primer in black) that's an epoxy, it may fail, ill have to see.

the research I did indicates it should be ok.

but better to go over bare metal for the epoxy

this mistake happened at the bead blasters. after 48 hours ill be checking the finish.

brian grey is etch, but it was mistake, it was supposed to be left bare metal in order I put the chassis black straight on as eastwoods chassis black is supposed to go on bare metal, however I put eastwoods epoxy primer over the grey (primer in black) that's an epoxy, it may fail, ill have to see.

the research I did indicates it should be ok.

but better to go over bare metal for the epoxy

this mistake happened at the bead blasters. after 48 hours ill be checking the finish.

Hi Pete was going to epoxy my axle too thats why i asked as i am unsure if i leave it on bate metal and just paint chassis paint. I am stuck right now on shell as i am waiting for soda blaster to begin car.Its such a bore living on this island sometimes. Limited number of providers and thus high prices due to demand,will epoxy spray the car myself to save some money. Spray painters are all quoting 5000 euros for a full respray, don t know the prices in UK but that's one hell of a chunck of money for a month and a half of work.Will post pics when things start moving.Thanks for reply and help as usual Pete. :thumbup:

Hi Pete was going to epoxy my axle too thats why i asked as i am unsure if i leave it on bate metal and just paint chassis paint. I am stuck right now on shell as i am waiting for soda blaster to begin car.Its such a bore living on this island sometimes. Limited number of providers and thus high prices due to demand,will epoxy spray the car myself to save some money. Spray painters are all quoting 5000 euros for a full respray, don t know the prices in UK but that's one hell of a chunck of money for a month and a half of work.Will post pics when things start moving.Thanks for reply and help as usual Pete. :thumbup:

My local guy who is very good works out at £200 per panel, there's a back-street place where the quality isn't as good who is about half the price. So the good guy is going to be around the £2500 mark I would think.

My local guy who is very good works out at £200 per panel, there's a back-street place where the quality isn't as good who is about half the price. So the good guy is going to be around the £2500 mark I would think.

Us in the North West know where we can get a top quality respray for £2,500 - others deny this exists

Us in the North West know where we can get a top quality respray for £2,500 - others deny this exists

Don't want to hijack Pete's thread.So its not just me who thinks that €5000 is expensive when considering that the average wage in Malta is below the average in the Uk.Sorry for hijack Pete:)

Edited by brian grech

It exists. He charged me about £300 for my Mk5 front valence and both wings, and quoted another £300 for the bonnet and scuttle. You can just count panels and multiply through. :thumbup:

Edited by Danish

Don't want to hijack Pete's thread.So its not just me who thinks that €5000 is expensive when considering that the average wage in Malta is below the average in the Uk.Sorry for hijack Pete:)

I wouldnt pay that much here but its not completely off what many other people in the UK pay and you may well be a captive market - how many places in Malta can do a good job? I know someone in Malta who is shipping his Cortina to Stu B in England to get the bodywork done because he doesnt trust anyone in Malta to do a good enough job. :shocking:

To ship a car from Malta to UK and back again you are looking at around £1000.

Edited by the-ford-cortina.com

don't worry about the Hijack!!!!!

5000 euro is ok if its TOP TOP quality

depends on prep work, that's where bulk of money goes.

you've reminded me of something.........a guy helped me to fix swampy then wanted credit for the paint job!!!!! HA! hilarious mate.

errrrr, who worked their ass ass ass off like 18, 19 hour days to save to pay for it? errr. me. Yet on and on he goes about it.

Richard head.

As you say, it's in the prep, very, very time consuming and it is very soul destroying to start it right, I am doing 3 at the moment and no wonder I am grey, mind that's probably filler dust and primer.

don't worry about the Hijack!!!!!

5000 euro is ok if its TOP TOP quality

depends on prep work, that's where bulk of money goes.

you've reminded me of something.........a guy helped me to fix swampy then wanted credit for the paint job!!!!! HA! hilarious mate.

errrrr, who worked their ass ass ass off like 18, 19 hour days to save to pay for it? errr. me. Yet on and on he goes about it.

Richard head.

Yes he is a very good painter,so work should be top quality but i still believe 5000 is way too much considering what i get paid every month as a professional teacher, thats more than 3 months of my salary!

Anyways yes you saved swampy and you did a miracle on that car so the bulk of praise is all in your way!

they are on doing prep work on body shell

im doing axle

and ive started the heater box rebuild

im pleaed with the finish you get from eastwoods chassis black extreme.

post-3360-083696000 1487628830_thumb.jpg

post-3360-098551900 1487628831_thumb.jpg

post-3360-015131200 1487628833_thumb.jpg

post-3360-068306000 1487628834_thumb.jpg

post-3360-063198700 1487628835_thumb.jpg

im pleaed with the finish you get from eastwoods chassis black extreme.

Is that spray or brush? Looks a real good finish

Is that spray or brush? Looks a real good finish

spray Ken

Looks good bud. From the pictures looks like a good heavy finish (like power coat).

Looks good bud. From the pictures looks like a good heavy finish (like power coat).

its like rock!!! shiny too.

very pleased. I got a couple of runs ( I still learning paint!)

ill flat em and do em on last coat. 2nd coat sill to go.