brian grech

Cortina mk 3 full restoration

20 hours ago, brian grech said:

Thanks Deano how are you doing on yours?

I haven't touched it for ages mate,i keep telling myself i'm getting back onto it,but don't,i will do soon.

7 hours ago, J2S said:

looks fantastic brain

Always good to see someone actually start and finish takes dedication !

could do with a bit of black on the front grill to show it off better but that’s just me 

Thanks a lot! The grille, well yes some have said that too but i like the classic chrome look on dark cars.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deano66 said:

I haven't touched it for ages mate,i keep telling myself i'm getting back onto it,but don't,i will do soon.

Try to do at least an hour or 2 a day and you will get there. If you leave it there the motivation to finish it off dies.Come on .....we need to see it done!!

On 2/28/2021 at 6:38 PM, brian grech said:

Thanks a lot! The grille, well yes some have said that too but i like the classic chrome look on dark cars.

I also like the chrome look 👍

• Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 6:40 PM, brian grech said:

Try to do at least an hour or 2 a day and you will get there. If you leave it there the motivation to finish it off dies.Come on .....we need to see it done!!

I will be back on it very soon,i actually got in there this morning before work & screwed my A post into place,to see where i had got to.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Deano66 said:

I will be back on it very soon,i actually got in there this morning before work & screwed my A post into place,to see where i had got to.

Good man!

I for one have been watching the progress of this with great interest. It, and similar projects, acts as a stimulus to me to get going with my own mk3 rebuild.

When I’m freezing my nads off working on my Cortina, it’s good to know that there are other idiots out there doing the same!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tigdlo said:

Good man!

I for one have been watching the progress of this with great interest. It, and similar projects, acts as a stimulus to me to get going with my own mk3 rebuild.

When I’m freezing my nads off working on my Cortina, it’s good to know that there are other idiots out there doing the same!

:biggrin:

22 hours ago, Tigdlo said:

Good man!

I'm the same Tigdlo, i like to see the progress on other projects,normally keeps me motivated,but i've not had much lately,i've just started to do a little bit,so hopefully will get back to it very soon. Good luck with yours mate :biggrin:

Finally got the Yamaha R1 bike carbs on after 5 long years in storage i had bought from the states when i bought my MK3. They run like a dream and quite easy to set up after you get the hang of it(as in silicone hoses and other stuff). Still running on the original mechanical fuel pump. The throttle response is instant much way better than my weber 32/36 . I highly recommend them, thanks to the great help i received from Danst Engineering with their advice.

No description available.No description available.

Edited by brian grech
  • Like 2

Ohhhhwww

induction roar  the best sound ever 

very nice indeed 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J2S said:

Ohhhhwww

induction roar  the best sound ever 

very nice indeed 

.... doesn't beat  a V8 sound though :)

Not to my ears a screaming induction snorting 4 cylinder beats a burble any day 

• Like 1

Merry Christmas to all from Malta! Its been such a sunny Christmas here! This is what it is like today

May be an image of car and outdoors

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Merry Christmas, what a great looking Cortina your car is.

• Like 1