Jump to content
brian grech

Cortina mk 3 full restoration

Recommended Posts

On 6/5/2019 at 8:32 PM, brian grech said:

All arch trims polished and in place.Mustang wheel arch fitted to right rear side and front left arch fitted to rear left. 

 

 

 

Great work.

So, have I understood that you fitted front arch trims to the rear arches ?  Is that because they fit better ?

I'm quite interested in what you've done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, team_radius said:

 

Great work.

So, have I understood that you fitted front arch trims to the rear arches ?  Is that because they fit better ?

I'm quite interested in what you've done.

I did not have rear ones but had 3 fronts and one missing rear, so i put the extra front left  to the rear and the missing right rear  arch was imported from cy pony parts (mustang 69 front trim). Hope  it makes sense:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just caught up with this thread for the first time in a while - Amazing!

 

This is going to be an incredible car.  Keep up the great work

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dgo said:

Just caught up with this thread for the first time in a while - Amazing!

 

This is going to be an incredible car.  Keep up the great work

Thanks hope it will be spent endless hours and lots of money on it.thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen this trick used on many cars when parts are hard to source.

Was common to use the wheel arches cut from the front wings of MK4 zcars on the opposite rear as replacements weren't available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sheffieldcortinacentre said:

Seen this trick used on many cars when parts are hard to source.

Was common to use the wheel arches cut from the front wings of MK4 zcars on the opposite rear as replacements weren't available.

In hindsight it would have been better to buy the front side from Motomobil that is made for a Cortina and fit it in the rear than the Cj Pony parts one from a Mustang.Didn't know they have them for sale only today whilst browsing for other things i stumbled upon one.Anyways thanks for feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely! 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lobby said:

Lovely! 👍

 

2 hours ago, Deano66 said:

Looking good Brian :smile:

👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking forward to coming for a ride out in this - will it be ready this year Brian? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, the-ford-cortina.com said:

I am looking forward to coming for a ride out in this - will it be ready this year Brian? 

Hopefully by the end of it yes. Will be happy to go for a ride with you.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Todays work sound deadening and test fitting front grill.20190628_165555.thumb.jpg.b5a7c03dbaf046bc241ed5ddc0beba5b.jpg

20190628_165544.jpg

20190628_165549.jpg

20190628_165615.jpg

20190628_165629.jpg

Edited by brian grech
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the colour of the paintwork really makes this car stand out . I know you have been asked before but what is the colour please  . The rest of you don't say blue 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...