Sign in to follow this  
HeatherH87

1600 Pinto Engine

Hi,

I'm going to be selling my 1600 Pinto Engine. It's only done about 42k miles. The carburettor will definitely need a rebuild. The cars been sitting about 20 years before I got it. Still runs but I'm putting Zetec in mine so don't need it.

Would anyone be interested in this you reckon?

Hi,

I'm going to be selling my 1600 Pinto Engine. It's only done about 42k miles. The carburettor will definitely need a rebuild. The cars been sitting about 20 years before I got it. Still runs but I'm putting Zetec in mine so don't need it.

I was in exactly your position with a 40K mile 1600 engine to get rid of having fitted a 205 Pinto. Tried selling it - no takers; tried giving it away - still no takers. Ended up binning it :thumbdown:

So to answer your question, reckon not :icecream:

Hi,

There might be some interest over on Oldskoolford site.I can ask for you and let you know if there is anyone interested .Let me know if thats ok with you .

There might be some interest over on Oldskoolford site.I can ask for you and let you know if there is anyone interested .Let me know if thats ok with you .

Yes that would be wonderful :)

Heather you have to name a price for the add to go on Oldskoolfords site .Would you have a rough idea of what you would like for it.They wont accept (offers) so just a ballpark figure will do .

I dunno, £70? Please like to haggle don't they.

Edited by HeatherH87

Well the add has had 62 views and 1 response .Person who asked about wanted to know what car it came out of and has it got a steel or alloy sump .I dont know how you would know if its steel or alloy but maybe the alloy is non magnetic .If thats the case a magnet would come in handy .If you could let me know i will pass on the message .Where abouts are you based .

Well the add has had 62 views and 1 response .Person who asked about wanted to know what car it came out of and has it got a steel or alloy sump .I dont know how you would know if its steel or alloy but maybe the alloy is non magnetic .If thats the case a magnet would come in handy .If you could let me know i will pass on the message .Where abouts are you based .

its very unlikely to have an alloy sump , if it has that would be worth more than the engine

its very unlikely to have an alloy sump , if it has that would be worth more than the engine

Would it be right to assume that the alloy sump is non magnetic ?

Would it be right to assume that the alloy sump is non magnetic ?

yes its not magnetic,

yes its not magnetic,

:thumbup:

Sorry guys, bit of a family drama right now occurring, might not be selling. Will let you know, thank you for your replies.

I can understand Owners changing from the 1.6 to 2 litre,to gain more power. It maybe know to some,that the 1.6 was given the turbo blow-thru treatment in Scandanavia. I think it was a Ford dealer,back in the 80's that did the conversion. The 1.6 engines in the Cortina were 68,72 or 60 bhp,adding a turbo can add circa 30% bhp. I found info on putting boost through a dgav

I can understand Owners changing from the 1.6 to 2 litre,to gain more power. It maybe know to some,that the 1.6 was given the turbo blow-thru treatment in Scandanavia. I think it was a Ford dealer,back in the 80's that did the conversion. The 1.6 engines in the Cortina were 68,72 or 60 bhp,adding a turbo can add circa 30% bhp. I found info on putting boost through a dgav

With a 4-1 exhaust, 32/36 DGAV and Sierra ignition my 1600 clocked up 90bhp on a rolling road. I'm not sure if the previous owner did anything else to it, the power curve has a spike in it between 2500 and 3500

pal_1600.jpg