Sign in to follow this  
gumbo

still looking mk4/5

still looking for a mk4/5 1.6l or gl no autos or estates must be a saloon in good condition motd and roadworthy no projects anyone got or know of one?

still looking for a mk4/5 1.6l or gl no autos or estates must be a saloon in good condition motd and roadworthy no projects anyone got or know of one?

Plenty of them crop up on Car and Classic, Classic Cars For Sale, eBay, etc etc. Have you been checking there?

What price range have you got in mind?

I don't know if you have owned a 1.6 before,apparently mpg is 20 give or take. I get improved mpg with my 2 litre,about 24

Edited by sierra3dr

Plenty of them crop up on Car and Classic, Classic Cars For Sale, eBay, etc etc. Have you been checking there?

yes been checking all the usual ebay car@classic gumtree etc nothing at the min it seems price range £1500-2000

What price range have you got in mind?

I don't know if you have owned a 1.6 before,apparently mpg is 20 give or take. I get improved mpg with my 2 litre,about 24

20??

20??

I thought that. I've had both and got much better than that out of them, but I suppose it depends how heavy your right foot is.

I thought that. I've had both and got much better than that out of them, but I suppose it depends how heavy your right foot is.

My MK3 1.6 got low thirties with a 32/36. I'd have thought a Mk5 should be similar.

Bloody hell, looks like my planned charity drive to Italy might be pricey then..... 20mpg. From memory it did approx late 20s/30 on a run in the late 80's....... Fingers crossed that stays same.

I've given you a contact on FB, ring him, he has others.......

My MK3 1.6 got low thirties with a 32/36. I'd have thought a Mk5 should be similar.

Yep - my 1.6 Crusader with this set up and a type 9 box averages around 34mpg.

Yep - my 1.6 Crusader with this set up and a type 9 box averages around 34mpg.

Me too, i think a twin choke is a must have on a 1600 or any pinto. It defo make's it better on fuel as you constantly have to floor a single carb just to drive it.

I found an Esso garage in Croydon and filled my Suzuki Jimny up for £1.01 a litre, tank full at £35.23.

BARGAIN!

I found an Esso garage in Croydon and filled my Suzuki Jimny up for £1.01 a litre, tank full at £35.23.

BARGAIN!

I think this needs a new thread

Bloody'ell,so we're talking on an average 28mpg for 1.6? Looks I've been mis-informed. Well,the block on mine is 2.1,so more than likely it will increase in mpg. I've also got in running close to stoich

Bloody'ell,so we're talking on an average 28mpg for 1.6? Looks I've been mis-informed. Well,the block on mine is 2.1,so more than likely it will increase in mpg. I've also got in running close to stoich

Don't think the capacity will affect the MPG. Check everything on the engine..timing, ignition parts (plugs, leads, cap, points (think you have electrickery ignition??), if thats as good as you can get now it's carb fettle time. You will get there Paul and when you do wanna race??? :thumbup:

:ninja: