TIB3300

MK3 2000E V8 Project

On 10/24/2020 at 10:27 PM, D-FENS said:

Now that's a nice mk3 👍

It does ook a nice car, but Its not just rite :unsure:

Its not box standard, its not a sleeper, and its not a custom?  I just dont know :headscratch:

Well it had to be done, Cherry Bombssss, As part of the axhaust system I will be having these :icecream:

IMG_20201022_133035308.jpg

Down pipes made and Bombs trial fitted , you can also see the new ajustable gearbox mounting

IMG_20201024_143125642.jpg

Edited by TIB3300

coming along Tony :thumbsup:

Blimey ,where did you pick up those tyres,i havnt seen any of that tread pattern BF's in about 40 years !!!! collector's items , ,i had a pair on the back of Capri back in 76 /77.

Obviously you will switch to some that have not gone as hard as porcelain for the road, i don't think they gripped well in the wet even when they were new !!!

i Wish they still made them,great period looking tyre,i noticed at Santa Pod in September Hot Rod drags that North Hants Tyres had NEW Pro Trac N50x15 white letter tyres remanufactured on sale.

I had some Pro Tracs on my Ford Pop when i first put it on the road in 1980.

Edited by Captain Scarlet
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Captain Scarlet said:

coming along Tony :thumbsup:

Blimey ,where did you pick up those tyres,i havnt seen any of that tread pattern BF's in about 40 years !!!! collector's items , ,i had a pair on the back of Capri back in 76 /77.

Obviously you will switch to some that have not gone as hard as porcelain for the road, i don't think they gripped well in the wet even when they were new !!!

i Wish they still made them,great period looking tyre,i noticed at Santa Pod in September Hot Rod drags that North Hants Tyres had NEW Pro Trac N50x15 white letter tyres remanufactured on sale.

I had some Pro Tracs on my Ford Pop when i first put it on the road in 1980.

Cheers Mr :thumbsup:

Tyres oh! yeh will be running on them :icecream:there like new been stored in the dark for 30 years. There we advertised on R&S about 2 years ago, had to travel all the way to durum one saturday

Actually they are new, still got the stickers on them

image.thumb.png.471aeb301480a2ae84f22a534e366e72.png

Edited by TIB3300

I have some 30 year old Yokohama's, 235/55/13, NOS, stored in a cellar, in the past couple of years, l have had a couple of blow outs, both on quality tyres, change of underwear needed, both tyres 2018, so what's going on there, yours are probably made of real rubber and will be fine and hopefully my Yoko's will be the same.

What are the rims off? They look good.

6 hours ago, GhiaMk4/5 said:

I have some 30 year old Yokohama's, 235/55/13, NOS, stored in a cellar, in the past couple of years, l have had a couple of blow outs, both on quality tyres, change of underwear needed, both tyres 2018, so what's going on there, yours are probably made of real rubber and will be fine and hopefully my Yoko's will be the same.

What are the rims off? They look good.

Cheers  :thumbsup:

I love the deep wheel and these tyres together :wub:

"Rims"

Well its a bit of an experiment, am making my own wheels with the shells/ rims from these. which I cut out

xbnhfddjdghj.jpg

And the centre from these, but i've reversed the rim putting the flat deep bit to the outside :thumbsup:

I can then get the offset I want

steels.jpg

Edited by TIB3300

very nice mr T   :thumbsup:

Loving the cherry bombs and the wheels, you're doing a fantastic job Tony, keep it up👍

Do you think it will be finished and out next spring/summer Mr Tibbs ?

On 11/4/2020 at 11:11 PM, D-FENS said:

Do you think it will be finished and out next spring/summer Mr Tibbs ?

Cheers Guys :thumbsup:

Next year?

Well Mr Fens 

I learnt my lesson with the Green GXL. Never put a completion date on a project, especially when you creating something like this.

But yes would love the car to be on the road for early next year,,, and maybe  :car:

Edited by TIB3300

Ooooooo BF Goodrich tyres. :drool: I had 1, yes only 1 on my 2Ltr GT (drivers rear) and flooring it from a standstill would produce the American cop car tyre screech every time. :laugh:

8 minutes ago, Beeper said:

Ooooooo BF Goodrich tyres. :drool: I had 1, yes only 1 on my 2Ltr GT (drivers rear) and flooring it from a standstill would produce the American cop car tyre screech every time. :laugh:

Hmm :icecream: