TIB3300

MK3 2000E V8 Project

So' here we have my newly built engine :thumbsup: 

Doe's need a new cam, but its OK to put in the car for other fitments now :biggrin:

IMG_20201218_100951314.jpg

Painted :icecream:

IMG_20210128_185005633.jpg

IMG_20210128_185021475.jpg

Edited by TIB3300
  • Thanks 1

That's a serious bit of kit.

:showoff:

That's some paintjob ?!  :blink:

Dont worry its not the final colour, Its just to make it clean and tidy for the mo, :wink:

It's going to be red metallic with lots of chrome :icecream:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TIB3300 said:

Dont worry its not the final colour, Its just to make it clean and tidy for the mo, :wink:

:cool:  :smile:

On 1/29/2021 at 6:15 PM, TIB3300 said:

What about the bodyshell though? It would need seam welding along the chassis rails at least (like rally cars).

The old school V8s are all about torque, being able to lay the power down at low revs.

11 hours ago, martog said:

What about the bodyshell though? It would need seam welding along the chassis rails at least (like rally cars).

The old school V8s are all about torque, being able to lay the power down at low revs.

From speaking to other Cortina V8 owners no one has mentioned seam welding the chassis. 

The only modification I have seen was on the black one pictured, this is a South African v8 car . It has a altered "factory" bulkhead and tunnel.

It also had a supporting bar connecting both chassis rails together running under the gearbox, just under the foot wells

image.png.4a2507a2f8a944d4d99782fccb4f20d5.png

Edited by TIB3300

7 hours ago, TIB3300 said:

From speaking to other Cortina V8 owners no one has mentioned seam welding the chassis. 

The only modification I have seen was on the black one pictured, this is a South African v8 car . It has a altered "factory" bulkhead and tunnel.

It also had a supporting bar connecting both chassis rails together running under the gearbox, just under the foot wells

Ooo, I like that! (minus the visor)  :)

2 hours ago, Lobby said:

Ooo, I like that! (minus the visor)  :)

I must admit, am not keen on those visors. Miss J asked me to pick one up for has a year or so ago. They are made from steel 

Just wrong shape I think :dry:

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2021 at 9:03 AM, TIB3300 said:

No worries fella. I just thought maybe a bit of reinforcing of the bodyshell might be in order.

:thumbsup:

10 hours ago, martog said:

No worries fella. I just thought maybe a bit of reinforcing of the bodyshell might be in order.

:thumbsup:

I am doing some stiffening to the shell, will show you later.

One thing am looking at is it making the front cradle solid to create a X bracing

• Thanks 1

Some toys arrived today,    :biggrin:  Put royal-mail to shame. :sleep:  Ordered them from the states Saturday 3 days to arrive . :blink:

IMG_20210202_181104521.jpg

The cam is a low end cam,  topping out at 4000/RPM but plenty of grunt.   From what I have read, its used in them big American motor homes ..

This is the Chevy version :icecream:

Edited by TIB3300
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MK5CortinaEstate said:

Similar cam to what I have currently got fitted.  Bucket loads up low down torque.

Yes thats what I read, runs out about 4k . I think there made for 3 ton motorhomes :wink:

I wanted a voodoo, but I dont want a high reving engine just a plodder

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TIB3300 said:

Yes thats what I read, runs out about 4k . I think there made for 3 ton motorhomes :wink:

I wanted a voodoo, but I dont want a high reving engine just a plodder

Though I'm just about to swap for something a lot wilder, with a high stall converter to make full use of it.  :cool: