cortinacrazydub

A few tips please ? Taking the Cortina to Cortina ?

2dhbhg1.jpg

Well people I'm taking the Cortina on a road trip for the honeymoon starting in France, Was thinking of heading down trough Paris towards lake geneva and on to Cortina Italy, with some stops along the way....

Anyone got any tips or advice , on the trip.... :thumbup:

Edited by cortinacrazydub

Laterooms.com for cheap hotel bookings.

Newhaven - Dieppe ferry crossing is good value and keeps you away from Dover and Calaise.

Make sure you have european breakdown recovery and take a few obvious spares , fan belt , spark plugs etc.

Set the sat nav to avoid the toll roads - theres no pleasure in driving them, enjoy the country roads and villages for free.

Say bon jour, Merci and Sil vous plais even if you dont know any other French.

Allow time for chatting to people who want to admire and photo the car.

Have fun and take lots of photos to share with us.

I did 3 tours around france , and more or less did all of those things , i was just wondered if anyone encounters any issues that mite help me avoid the same.

2nw3nd.jpg

148ogn4.jpg

27ax5.jpg

and an idea of the trips iv been doing

xp9a3l.jpg

Stay in the ' Hotel Cortina '

it's magical.

it's in centre of town.

THe cops will let you park on the plaza as you have a Cortina.

They treat you like royalty.

Its totally superb.

cant reccomend enough.

I would go there every year.......................its complete cortina paradise.

and then........... you can explore the gorgeous lakes, streams and mountains.

on foot, or in your car.

for me i accidently ended up on the train ferry that took me under the mountain.

a cool breeze soothes you as you lay back in the cortina seats in darkness...like a fairgorund ride...

its brilliant

its just

its just something else.

Stay in the ' Hotel Cortina '

it's magical.

it's in centre of town.

THe cops will let you park on the plaza as you have a Cortina.

Didn't know that! We visited for the day, would've stayed a night just to park there!!

Next time. :thumbup:

Have a look HERE

This may sound silly but what & why the red number plate?

This may sound silly but what & why the red number plate?

Southern Irish plates?

......or is it Northern and the plate is the original? Or something along those lines?

Edited by John Mack

The only thing with the hotel cortina is it is expensive as are all the hotels in the main centre. You also can't park there, Pete had to park in another area. The pedestrianised area was only open to us vehicles as part of the 50th year celebrations...I don't think they would take too kindly to a car driving on there!

I have stayed a few times at the hotel meuble neve which is at the end of the corsa Italia that have their own parking and underground garage :thumbup:

The only thing with the hotel cortina is it is expensive as are all the hotels in the main centre. You also can't park there, Pete had to park in another area. The pedestrianised area was only open to us vehicles as part of the 50th year celebrations...I don't think they would take too kindly to a car driving on there!

I have stayed a few times at the hotel meuble neve which is at the end of the corsa Italia that have their own parking and underground garage :thumbup:

Jim, im sure they said if you asked the cops you could drive on, special, unless as you say it was for the celebration.

anywhere in that down is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wowowoowoowow

The more i look at this the more i want to do it, just looking at the link to mk2 owners club pics, what was the average driving lengths per day?/

I was on my own mission but its all do-able its such a great drive.

I did the auto-bahn and also cross country france, belgium, Austria, Germany Italy of course.

I'll never ever forget it.

I would do it again, every day of the week.

Having a classic car at your command, the petrol, the old feel of the car, the scenery, the people, the vistas, the adventure, the depth of it all...

ADVICE:

take loads of photos. Cherish it.

it will be superb. Its worth every penny. If you have the health to do it. Do it.

life is short.

I recommend visiting Lake Garda we spent two nights there on the C2C 2012 trip . When entering Switzerland you'll have to pay a fee like a road tax it last a year ,Graham aka GO will probably fill you in on more details .

Love to go again but I'm get married this year .

Edited by xr6 interceptor