rubberhead

mk5 2l ghia auto

Hi all,thanks for your nice comments,much apprieciated.littlenewt thanks for putting up pics for me,i have been told it has wrong interior in it but I don't know much about the car maybe Aaj389 could shed some light on its origins.anyway its a nice drive,lovely auto box for cruising,comfortable and presentable.i have just fitted electronic ignition and rebuilt/serviced the carb.next weekend im going to replace the valve stem oil seals as it gives a little puff of smoke on start-up when the cars hot.any offers out there?

It also has a 1980 model radio although the hazard and rear demister switches are from a 1982 car. This does look like a 1980 model, the colour looks more like Solar Gold than Champagne Gold. It looks a very nice car but looks like it should have a V or W registration. Was it on a private plate from new? as it was not unusual for cars to be reregistered with the latest number plate until August 1983. None of this is meant as a criticism, it looks a very nice car.

I thought that ...it also doesn't have the 3 stripes under the side mouldings .., not that it couldn't have had a bit of paint over the years ...lovely car , lovely colour but agree it looks though it should be on a 79 / 80 plate

sold now,so on the lookout for a mk1 or a mk2,not going to rush in this time though.

sold now,so on the lookout for a mk1 or a mk2,not going to rush in this time though.

Where did you sell it? I'll be selling my Mk5 in a few weeks so would be good to know your experiences. :thumbup:

Where did you sell it? I'll be selling my Mk5 in a few weeks so would be good to know your experiences. :thumbup:

hi Danish,sold it on car and classics.no fees ,they get there money through privacy numbers,use photos and script,a very popular site.had a lot of calls and first to see bought it.he turned up in a £45000 merc,beautiful I did ask if he wanted a swap but he declinded my offer.

put it on carandclassic.co.uk - free to sell on there