Sign in to follow this  
mk4savage

Exhaust system

Anything considered, new, used or anything that can be copied.

I need centre section, back box and left hand side down pipe.

MK4 2.3 V6

Many thanks.

Edited by mk4savage

To be honest you used to be able to buy the complete system new for about £100.

Seen the 2 into 1 centre section on ebay at about £35 new recently

I have seen one on there from Germany but someone said they don't fit too well. Not sure if it's the same one you've seen ?

Have a look on gumtree there's a bloke breaking one in Plymouth he's real helpfull I got some bits off him in the week he's willing to post large items too

Have a look on gumtree there's a bloke breaking one in Plymouth he's real helpfull I got some bits off him in the week he's willing to post large items too

Thanks mate, Just sent him a text :thumbup:

I have a 2.3 centre section off a mk5. Still looks ok on the outside (ie still silver on the outside), though could'nt tell you what the baffles are like inside as it's been stood more than 10 years but in dry under cover storage.

Might have a down pipe too and a manifold though the manifold will be a mk2 Granada one.

You've had a manifold off me in the past has it cracked again??

I have a 2.3 centre section off a mk5. Still looks ok on the outside (ie still silver on the outside), though could'nt tell you what the baffles are like inside as it's been stood more than 10 years but in dry under cover storage.

Might have a down pipe too and a manifold though the manifold will be a mk2 Granada one.

You've had a manifold off me in the past has it cracked again??

Wasn't me, My original manifold cracked about 16 years ago, My Pass side manifold is a Granada one and is different to the Cortina one. Nothing wrong with mine but I wanted the correct one to fit an Exhaust but the exhaust I thought I might be getting has gone out of the window for the moment, Hence the reason I'm after a standard system to fit.

I could be interested in that centre section. The company who makes the stainless ones have told me they can't make one as they don't have the pattern for it but could "copy" one. I think Mk5's are the same ?

Wasn't me, My original manifold cracked about 16 years ago, My Pass side manifold is a Granada one and is different to the Cortina one. Nothing wrong with mine but I wanted the correct one to fit an Exhaust but the exhaust I thought I might be getting has gone out of the window for the moment, Hence the reason I'm after a standard system to fit.

I could be interested in that centre section. The company who makes the stainless ones have told me they can't make one as they don't have the pattern for it but could "copy" one. I think Mk5's are the same ?

Ok, no worries.

I'll get it from my storage along with any related bits tomorrow evening and post some pictures here for you.

The exhaust was ok on the car. And was new at the time.

:thumbup:

Ok, no worries.

I'll get it from my storage along with any related bits tomorrow evening and post some pictures here for you.

The exhaust was ok on the car. And was new at the time.

Thanks mate, much appreciated. I may be lucky with a back box, I Phoned EuroCarparts today and they reckon they can get one, A Klarius one which I believe used to be Timax. I'll believe it when I see it though :lol:

Thanks mate, much appreciated. I may be lucky with a back box, I Phoned EuroCarparts today and they reckon they can get one, A Klarius one which I believe used to be Timax. I'll believe it when I see it though :lol:

No worries.

This is what i have.

Pair of downpipes.

003_zpsqx2n71jo.jpg

Centre section.

002_zpssss29osh.jpg

Another veiw..

004_zpspv9nxksh.jpg

Little dented on the bottom but should be nowt to worry about.

Cheers for them photos mate. Did you say that centre section was from a MK5 ? I think mk4 and 5 V6 are the same but not 100% sure. It's been a long time since I saw a standard system.

Are they the cortina downpipes too ?

Looks like a Bosal one ?

Thanks mate.

Edited by mk4savage

Are 2.3 v6 exhausts very hard to get then? Shall I enquire with my Turkish contact, I can ask if there's stock on new items and get prices.

I know for certain there's prop shafts brand new lying around.....you never know!

Yes, Bosal centre section. Down pipes from the same car though no idea why they are rusty as they have been stored together. :headscratch:

Surface rust though and will Soda blast clean.

Taken from a mk5 that i stripped many moons back.

:tears:

Are 2.3 v6 exhausts very hard to get then? Shall I enquire with my Turkish contact, I can ask if there's stock on new items and get prices.

I know for certain there's prop shafts brand new lying around.....you never know!

Yes, they seem to be hard to get. There are some centre sections on ebay but they don't look like the one pictured here. I phoned a few places with not much luck but I might be getting a back box fingers crossed from Eurocarparts.