Sign in to follow this  
do it sideways

Fibre glass wings

Anyone got a pair of fibre glass wings for a mk3 cortina? Or any help pointing me in the right direction to locate a pair would be helpful, thanks, Steve, 07908150784

When I was looking at them, Smith & Deacon were recommended (by Buzzard). Apparently, they aren't a bad fit, but there are two types - with and without the 2 ridges that run down the top of the inner wing.

I haven't got around to buying them yet, but I was going to before I started using my Mk3 seriously.

BOP had S&D fibreglass front wings, if Littlenewts mate still has it ?

Buzzard's are good mate, when I saw them I didn't know they were FG until he said. Been thinking of getting a pair myself.

Perry Rolls , who is also on here somewhere has a pair for sale on Facebook

Thanks for the help peeps, I don't do Facebook,,

Thanks for the help peeps, I don't do Facebook,,

no matter think they are mk1 wings he has anyway not mk3.

I don't recall whether he kept bop or not?? He moved away a few years ago..

smith & deakin stuff is good.

when I can get round to it, I have a pair of moulds for mk3 wings.

Thinking about it, I have a pair of new wings, but have no idea how to go about making moulds from them,, did you make your moulds Craig??

no bought them. there missing the end piece (that bolts to A post) but also have new ones so was going to try making that piece.

also want to make a bonnet mate who's a bodyman says i'm mad.

didn't realise it had taken him so many years to work it out, but he do's own 2 viva's

no bought them. there missing the end piece (that bolts to A post) but also have new ones so was going to try making that piece.

also want to make a bonnet mate who's a bodyman says i'm mad.

didn't realise it had taken him so many years to work it out, but he do's own 2 viva's

I have had fibreglass bonnets that have been heavier than steel though

Trust me . There lighter than steel and the bonnets out there are top notch . As for wings as said there are a few out there . I've had mine on for about 10 years with no problems . They handle lots of abuse 130 mph car and I regularly go to the pod . They don't rust . Not for a concourse car but don't look out of place on a road or track car . Cheep as chips and second hand ones ( not used ) go for 1/2 price . I've even bought a set for my lads mk5 .

Trust me . There lighter than steel and the bonnets out there are top notch . As for wings as said there are a few out there . I've had mine on for about 10 years with no problems . They handle lots of abuse 130 mph car and I regularly go to the pod . They don't rust . Not for a concourse car but don't look out of place on a road or track car . Cheep as chips and second hand ones ( not used ) go for 1/2 price . I've even bought a set for my lads mk5 .

wings are definately lighter I agree - and stronger than steel