CorKtina

My very last post

Thanks BSC for all the enjoyment over the years. I'm not prepared to stay on a Forum that has become so unpleasant of late thanks to a small number of members. I can live without that quite easily.

I'm sure I'll see the people I want to see on fb and the like.

Curious to know more. I'll PM you or it won't be your last post!

sorry to read that Richard, but as far as i know you, i suppose your decison is final! as i´m not on FB i hope to meet you again somewhere at a show in UK - GOOD LUCK! :cheers:

Edited by consul315

I am sad that youre leaving Cork, as you were one of the ones on here who spoke a bit of sense.

Don't take it heart it's only a forum ,like all walks of life there's always some one you won't get on with even if you share the same Hobbys..

just injoy the ones you get on with and ignore the ones you don't :thumbup:

Corky, you are a pillar of this forum. You can´t leave us. Come on. Stay here for old members.

All of us must learn of our mistakes.

Richard the cortina scene is a million miles from 20 years ago, I hope, in fact I know nothing I have said has had any impact on your decision, personally I don't do Facebook, or Twitter, but I do like to meet up with people like yourself at shows an chew the fat about cortinas, the social media may make finding parts easier but the show scene??, don't let others on here get to you, don't give them the satisfaction, the forum is supposed to be centered around cortinas,,

You sir are a gent and a scholar(not just because i bought a car off you)you really are a nice bloke

I dont do polotics or opinions and if you ask me there is far too much off topic on here lately

I think someone should start an off topic forum for all those that want one i wont miss it

I start reading the posts and soon think why am i reading this dribble :sofa:

Dont do it dont go and if you do i hope our paths will continue to cross......cheers kev

glad im not the only one who thought the politics ruined the site

its a cortina site but off topic spoilt it

im not putting as much up as sick off seeing posts about stuff that i see on news already

time spent posting all that should be used to put cortina stuff

lets face it, most of us dont want to see, read or comment on it.

Mate.... To be honest even politics comes into it on cortina topics on this site.

I've been told to fk off before and buy a focus because I wanted to modify my car, I was also told I was/my car was gay and a host of other . by so called purists. Noticed that its often the same folk posting rubbish on political threads too.

This has virtually made me want to sell up in the past and get something completely different.

Its the scene i guess. You'd think it was all about having a laugh in your Cortina but if you have a mint car or a genuine resto you'll be having more of a laugh imvho because you will get a far more positive reaction, not just on here but shows too. Trophies n' all.

Ironically the show field would be a fairly empty place if everyone who drove modded/unrestored cars couldn't be bothered turning up because they don't fancy parking up in a field all day just to have their car ignored. Im not the only one who thinks this btw.

politics on the site shoud be banned

Mate.... To be honest even politics comes into it on cortina topics on this site.

I've been told to fk off before and buy a focus because I wanted to modify my car, I was also told I was/my car was gay and a host of other . by so called purists. Noticed that its often the same folk posting rubbish on political threads too.

This has virtually made me want to sell up in the past and get something completely different.

Its the scene i guess. You'd think it was all about having a laugh in your Cortina but if you have a mint car or a genuine resto you'll be having more of a laugh imvho because you will get a far more positive reaction, not just on here but shows too. Trophies n' all.

Ironically the show field would be a fairly empty place if everyone who drove modded/unrestored cars couldn't be bothered turning up because they don't fancy parking up in a field all day just to have their car ignored. Im not the only one who thinks this btw.

Depends on which interpretation of the word "gay" we are using this week Rich. ;)

Mine is defo "GAY". :wub:

marks_door.jpg

if you think this site is bad try pistonheads living in France the ex pats who have left our country are worse. Ron. ps just stay on here

go to my canteen at work,got most bigits you ever mIMG_4107.jpgeet,70 percent single can see why,only thing got that's gay is my daughter dog see dumped on me,try walking past local chavs with her,tell everyone shes sheltland alsation lol,

I just went searching for the thread in question,and sorry to say I found it, I say sorry because I felt myself getting drawn in too.Feelings do boil over in these disagreements ,and it happens on all forums,I have just checked in 'settings' and there is an "ignore other users setting" where it's possible to block posts /threads from other users,maybe it can be used for a short while until things have calmed down or indefinitely ,there is a choice ,and that is better than to lose members of this site.Hope this helps thumbsup.gif

We have to try to live together ,not just on here,or everything falls apart.