CorKtina

My very last post

Early in the post in question, when things started getting personal I asked Admin to pin it. Fell on deaf ears I guess.... I don't do Facebook, Twitter and all those other :poo: sites, off topic is pulling this site down.

glad im not the only one who thought the politics ruined the site

its a cortina site but off topic spoilt it

im not putting as much up as sick off seeing posts about stuff that i see on news already

time spent posting all that should be used to put cortina stuff

lets face it, most of us dont want to see, read or comment on it.

I ignore it (I know it's "happening", I don't live with my head in the sand) but this and places like it aren't the place. OK my "farthings worth"

Sorry to read your post Richard, you have been "here" as long as the has been a "here".

:wine:

Edited by Tony Webster

Sport (esp soccer),religion & politics cause more problems in the world than the rest put together, there are plenty of sites that cater for these subjects, so if your opinions are so strong were these subjects are concerned take yourself along to them were likeminded people will be happy to see you.

My thoughts on these subjects & individuals who enjoy them are well known.

Personally I avoid them & the media involved in spreading it as much as possible.

I've not looked at the offending topic as I would probably just get wound up by it & I've enough problems trying to stay sane & calm.

But it does sound like this one needs locking &/or removing.

that horrible thread is like a facebook style forum, political garbage? restore a car or something, modify, repair or something cortina related

stop talking poitics on a cortina site

our cars are one of our escapes from this world

its the last bastion of normality

and news topics, who the ook cares, its rammed down my throat the second i wake up , its a cortina site not sky news

delete the thread i say

its ugly

Edited by cortina-city

the person shoud be banned for a period and given a warning

That post in conection should be removed asap. i know if this was our clubs forum the full forum board would have been deleted by the zetta as their rules in setting up a forum board is you do not have topics like this so if i was an admin here i would have removed that topic straight away. read the title BSC Buy Sell Cortina

Edited by helena

It would be sad to see you go Richard, I've been a member on here since 2004, I know I don't post a lot, but I read a lot and you're right about the posts. It should be about Cortinas and friendly chats with like minded people. Someone might not like what you have done to your car or would have done it differently, but no one should be abused for it! It's your own car and you can do what you want. Anyway, that's my yearly post, I'm going back to hide in the garage.

I'm sorry but was not aware of any of this until now, I've had a hunt around the forum & believe I've found the topic in question & have deleted it.

I'm afraid we haven't got the time to read every post & so therefore rely on people flagging problems via the report post option.

Please accept my apologes for not having removed the topic sooner.

I'm sorry but was not aware of any of this until now, I've had a hunt around the forum & believe I've found the topic in question & have deleted it.

I'm afraid we haven't got the time to read every post & so therefore rely on people flagging problems via the report post option.

Please accept my apologes for not having removed the topic sooner.

thanks Neil, it was spoiling the site

hope the political stuff may stop too, its a cortina site

Thanks BSC for all the enjoyment over the years. I'm not prepared to stay on a Forum that has become so unpleasant of late thanks to a small number of members. I can live without that quite easily.

I'm sure I'll see the people I want to see on fb and the like.

You have been a member for 12 years, don't go. I flit in and out now so not aware of an offensive post. I don't post very often but like to keep up to date with people and car movements.

I think just like anything in life there are pros and cons, its just a matter of looking at the positive side and without doubt BSC has helped hundreds sort out their problems!THANKS BSC!!!

Strongly agree with the last post. Without it I wouldn't have been able to get hold of all the parts needed for my Mark 2 restoration. I have found many people on here very helpful and informative

Don't go Richard ... You and your input (for so many you've helped) will be sadly missed.

I haven't read the post that caused you to make this decision as I've been on holiday with no internet, but I've had problems and even threats on here that ADMIN were able to help me with, so PLEASE consider letting them see what they can do before you do leave.

IF you do leave, thenI hope you can find something else where you can help as many people as you have on here and I will keep in touch via Facebook. I for 1 will really miss seeing you on here.

Aaron, :cheers:

Sam, :cheers:

Chloe-Anne, :cheers:

Jonathan. :cheers:

I've been on BSC since almost the beginning and I used to post quiet a bit in the early days. Although I also don't tend to post much and didn't see the topic in question I do still come back online once a week or so just to have a look around and see what's what in the Cortina world. I do find it frustrating that a Cortina forum can end up arguing and name calling over none Cortina things. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and should respect others right to think differently. However, this is meant to be for Cortina owners and about the Ford Cortina. To find a long term member and such a highly regarded member like Richard is leaving is a sad day. Personally, from what I read here, whoever was responsible should either apologise to Richard for upsetting him or they should be kicked off the site for not being respectful of others opinions.

Corktina/Richard kept posting in response to other posts he didnt agree/like .He had the choice to ignore these but chose not to .