Sign in to follow this  
Mark.C

wanted 1.6 Dizzy

I need a sixteen hundred Pinto distributor for my engine rebuild. I do have a two litre one. The sixteen hundred and the two litre distributors are different, as the two litre has a longer stroke. So the gap between the distance of when the two litre fires is longer. So the timing will be out if I tried to use it on my sixteen hundred engine. I need a genuine sixteen hundred distributor not a two litre one as the timing will never be right. Plus I already have a two litre distributor.

Has any one got one please. :)

Not 1.6 E-max Sierra distributor, as again same stroke as two litre.

I need a sixteen hundred Pinto distributor for my engine rebuild. I do have a two litre one. The sixteen hundred and the two litre distributors are different, as the two litre has a longer stroke. So the gap between the distance of when the two litre fires is longer. So the timing will be out if I tried to use it on my sixteen hundred engine. I need a genuine sixteen hundred distributor not a two litre one as the timing will never be right. Plus I already have a two litre distributor.

Has any one got one please. :)

i have a motorcraft 1600 dizzy if thats any good to you

cheers darren

i have a motorcraft 1600 dizzy if thats any good to you

cheers darren

They don't make parts for them any more I hear.

It might get me outa jail though.

My i.6 pinto is running a 2.0 bosch dizzy, no problems at all, timing is spot on.

Hi 1.6 and 2.0 distributors are interchangeable. The stroke has zero bearing on the distributor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might be getting confused with the bosch / ford motorcraft distributors. They look different but again both will fit and work fine in either 1.6 or 2 litre engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk