Sign in to follow this  
cortinacrazydub

Ford C3 oil pipes -Wanted ASAP

looking for a set too, if i had a set to copy i have a good hydraulic firm near my work that make up any type of hose and pipe

i need a pic of how they are routed in the bay as i need to drill some clip holes

borg warner dont use oil cooler pipes they are air cooled so if you have borg warner no need for pipes

just in case

pete

I might have some :headscratch:

dave i could borrow, copy and then give em back if cortinadub needs?

pete

also need your C3 box for the bellhousing i think?

need to look at that box asap, i need it at unit so may collect this week

cash waiting to ease the pain dave,.

i

your rite about the pipes , but for some reason my borg warner was fitted with pipes going to a separate oil cooler rad....

very interesting.......

you got me thinking that i could fit a seperate oil cooler rad now.....

your rite about the pipes , but for some reason my borg warner was fitted with pipes going to a separate oil cooler rad....

Yes, I was just thinking. My mate had a 73 gxl auto and that had a separate cooler mounted near the rad. The box was a borg warner. He still has the cooler which I have recently asked him about as I wanted it for my C3.

I have a set of pipes from a MK5 V6 auto. They are different to MK4's. Not sure about MK3. I'm currently using MK2 Granada ones which I had to modify to fit the Cortina rad. MK5 rad is different to MK4.

The MK5 pipes I've got are currently hanging up in the shed.

Edited by mk4savage

I remember another automatic I had (Rover I think, not sure now) and it had a little 6" pipe which looped out then back into the gearbox. The owners manual said if you were going to be towing then there was a manufacturer's option pack to fit a oil cooler. The Borg Warner I had for my Cortina (but never fitted) had a similar little tube.

what route do the pipes take thru engine bay guys~?

on chassis leg or?

factory fit route.

presume part of pipes is flexi to allow movement?

and part of pipes are solid?

The pipes on mine are steel I think, Not copper anyway. No rubber anywhere just metal.

On my car the pipes Exit/Enter the box on the drivers side then cross over to the passenger side following the line of the bellhousing and block join. Then they are bent 90 degrees and run parallel to the sump and over the crossmember to the front of the engine, Then across to the bottom of the rad.

As I said earlier mine are Granada pipes but as I remember it they are the same layout as my original MK4 pipes except for the front section across to the rad. Obviously Granada would be a bit longer at the front and enter the rad at a different position hence why I "modified" mine to fit the Cortina. To be honest they could do with cutting down, Reshaping and re fit new ends to do it properly.

The Spare Mk5 ones I have are shorter sections and I'm guessing they take a different route to the front of the car. Shouldn't take much working out.

I can try and get some photo's if need be ?

Hope this makes sense and helps :thumbup:

All reliant Scimitar autos BORG WARNER or C3 box type have oil coolers.

very interesting.......

you got me thinking that i could fit a seperate oil cooler rad now.....

I think fitting a oil cooler rad is a good idea. I've never liked the idea of the oil from the box passing through the radiator. It can't be that efficient and there's the risk of oil getting in the water and vice versa. I am thinking of doing it If my mate comes up with the MK3 cooler.