Sign in to follow this  
Scrumpy

1600e shell

Im still undecided on this one, so I thought Id post it here to test the water and see if theres any interest.

The story goes like this; in January this year I bought a 1600e unseen, it looked good in the pictures! I got it home and discovered that despite the very nice paint job it was full of filler. The more I poked, the more filler I found. So I parked it up whilst I pondered what to do and in the meantime was offered a very clean shell that had been completely stripped for restoration at some point, and then over time had become separated from all the bits stripped from it. So, the filler laden 1600e got stripped and all the parts were used on the good shell.

And so I am left with a stripped 1600e shell. It is a genuine e, it still has the wings doors bonnet and bootlid. I have loosely bolted on some front suspension and steering and back axle so it can be moved around. My plan was to strip it completely, cut off any good panels and sell it all off individually to try and recoup some of my lost money however it is currently stored in a friends garden and he doesn't really want it cut up there so my easiest option is to offer it for sale as is.

If there is no interest in it complete I will move it else where and continue with plan A.

So, in summary, series 2 1600e shell with ID, old logbook not in my name but is on the dvla computer, completely bare shell apart from the doors, boot, bonnet, wings, front and rear suspension from a lesser model mk2 fitted to keep it rolling. It has lots of filler, I cant tell you the extent of the rust however be aware it would be a lot of work to repair properly.

I don't have any pictures at the mo, but could take some next week if people wanted.

How much and whereabouts are you?

the vital info

The shell is near maidstone kent, and Im open to sensible offers. I'll try and get some photos on here tomorrow.

The shell is near maidstone kent, and Im open to sensible offers. I'll try and get some photos on here tomorrow.

bit far for me but will await pics , I dont like making offers though , people get upset.

Can I view it tomorrow?

messaged you