Sign in to follow this  
LagoonBlue

1969 MK2 Workshop manual

It's too cold to go outside :thumbdown: So I scanned the original British 1969 edition factory workshop manual for MK2.

WSmanual_zpssxoehf13.jpg

I do not think that FoMoCo will mind me sharing.. Might be handy to have when traveling.

Manual covers pretty much everything on a MK2 Series2 with a cross flow engine, Lotus not included.

My copy does not have chapter 11 accessories from new as far as I can tell, sorry about that.

This is a fairly big file at 88,5Mb but it is almost 600 pages long after all.

Please have a look if there are any major blunders, I have not proofread the whole tome but still have the original files and six days left on Acrobat DC free trial.

Download links below. Please share, download etc. even print it out if you like :lol:

Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4kzyBc9yTqrQjdoUHljSGl4WXc/view?usp=sharing

Filedropper:

http://www.filedropper.com/cortinaworkshopmanual1969

(click the grey Download This File button instead any of the adverts and enter the code as instructed)

If someone has a dropbox account or similar please feel free to add the manual there and share link below, better to have multiple sources.

If you have any difficulties downloading please reply below or PM me.

Details for nerds like me;

Original page size Letter with a few foldouts, book disbound (non-destructively) and scanned @ 300dpi with document

feeder in grayscale to .BMP format. Dataset size ca. 5Gb converted to lossless .Tif and post processed in Scan Tailor,

resulting Tiff's converted to .PNG (slightly smaller file size, at this point ca. 190Mb, blank pages removed)

Converting to .PDF done with Adobe Acrobat DC free trial. Hand corrected OCR performed to make text searchable and links

created in contents page. Optimizing the PDF would have resulted in smaller file size (56Mb) but the drop in quality was not acceptable.

Have fun reading :cheers:

• Upvote 1

Nice job! Handy to have saved on the PC for quick reference. Must have taken ages to scan?

cool stuff chap thumbsup.gif

i know what it takes to scan one in, i did the Mk4/5/p100 manual years ago shocking.gif

nice one fro.gif

impressive work , I have that book I know how good it is :thumbup:

That's great, thank very much!

Thanks. This should be a great help.