chelseablue

How long have you owned your Cortina?

20 years this year,where did all that time go !!!!

here it is  taken last week on the essential shopping trip.

Actually it was the week before,it was the Thames vans turn last week :smile:

p942s.jpg

Edited by Captain Scarlet
fix mistake
  • Like 1

33 years owned, still In the garage. No idea when I’ll be able to put it back together 😞. Just thought I’d share a picture 👍

C285451A-405A-4250-9D16-EE27374F035C.jpeg

• Like 1

What a beauty,  why is in bits? Tell me to mind my own business, but l do it with all my cars, buy all the bits to do them, then something else comes along, spent all of today painting my sons car, at least he can't drive it at the moment, so there's a fair chance of it staying in one piece, did 3 coats of clear 2k, then on the last coat my gun decided to have a wobbly, think l may have done orange peel to flat out tomorrow!!

6 hours ago, Captain Scarlet said:

p942s.jpg

A 100e Thames Van, by any chance??

9 hours ago, GhiaMk4/5 said:

What a beauty,  why is in bits? Tell me to mind my own business, but l do it with all my cars, buy all the bits to do them, then something else comes along, spent all of today painting my sons car, at least he can't drive it at the moment, so there's a fair chance of it staying in one piece, did 3 coats of clear 2k, then on the last coat my gun decided to have a wobbly, think l may have done orange peel to flat out tomorrow!!

Thanks, It’s looks ok in the picture but needed a lot rust repairs. Inner, outer sills ....rear quarter the other side. .... top plates  gone right through both sides. ... bulkhead gone both sides..... chassis repairs front and back of car..... jacking points ..... closing panel and front valance..... both headlight backing panels.... tool well & wheel  well.... outer wheel wells .... front wing repairs and will need a few doors as well. .... I was lucky to use a friends large garage and turn over jig to make good all the underneath. It came home and got forgotten for a while. Then some health issues in the family. Never got back to it.  I’m hoping sometime next year I’ll be able to start. 

2 hours ago, ms-savage said:

Thanks, It’s looks ok in the picture but needed a lot rust repairs. Inner, outer sills ....rear quarter the other side. .... top plates  gone right through both sides. ... bulkhead gone both sides..... chassis repairs front and back of car..... jacking points ..... closing panel and front valance..... both headlight backing panels.... tool well & wheel  well.... outer wheel wells .... front wing repairs and will need a few doors as well. .... I was lucky to use a friends large garage and turn over jig to make good all the underneath. It came home and got forgotten for a while. Then some health issues in the family. Never got back to it.  I’m hoping sometime next year I’ll be able to start. 

18 hours ago, Captain Scarlet said:

p942s.jpg

2 hours ago, ms-savage said:

That's a Cortina, my GT Savage was in need of major surgery, it had a nice paint job and looked decent, but the horrors lurking!!! You will get there, l am sure, as l have nearly, stay well!!

51 minutes ago, GhiaMk4/5 said:

That's a Cortina, my GT Savage was in need of major surgery, it had a nice paint job and looked decent, but the horrors lurking!!! You will get there, l am sure, as l have nearly, stay well!!

Cheers 👍

18 hours ago, GhiaMk4/5 said:

Ahh ,well i have yes but have to put my anorak on and say 300E Thames van,which was based on the 100E :thumbsup:

So i guess you know it ,being a Staffs guy . 

1 hour ago, Captain Scarlet said:

Ahh ,well i have yes but have to put my anorak on and say 300E Thames van,which was based on the 100E :thumbsup:

So i guess you know it ,being a Staffs guy . 

No, l don't know it, but l did own a 300E van with a 1600 GT in it, it was called old timer, some fun was had in that van!!! You have to post a pic now, if it's like your Cortina, then l can't wait!!

Think I remember it :thumbsup:

i didnt want want to go off topic on this thread but since you asked here are all three of them parked up together,it’s the V8 Ford Pop’s turn to go shopping tomorrow :smile:

72066BEB-7127-4914-87F1-37B70A0A6752.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Excellent, what engine is in the van, and what V8 is in the pop, my expectations were right,  great line up!!

Hmmm what a lovely collection you ve got! Especially like the early grille and bumper on the Thames!

All very nice......but the mk3 is my favourite.  What seats are in it?

I fancied an American style plate on my mk3 when I had it (many many moons ago!), but never got around to it.

12 hours ago, GhiaMk4/5 said:

Excellent, what engine is in the van, and what V8 is in the pop, my expectations were right,  great line up!!

Thank you ☺️,the van has a 1600 Ford crossflow from a mk3 Cortina .with a narrowed 65 Ford Zodiac axle,the van is Julie’s and she has owned it for 40 years.

And the Pop has a Chevrolet 5700 cc V8 I originally built it with rover v8,which hit the March 29th 1980 then I changed it to Chevy in 1986,I have owned the Pop since 1978.