chelseablue

How long have you owned your Cortina?

Owned my 1965 Mk1 deluxe 4 door since 1990.

One previous owner with stamped service history book to 48,000 miles and now has 57,000 miles on the clock.

Plenty of patina... still original ambassador blue paint.

originally an auto ....borg warner 35 was dreadful so converted it to a manual many years ago.

So my first was my mk2 brought November 2015 just befor my 20th birthday, then I sort of became addicted to them and my mk 3 and 5 came shortly after, and my mk4 estate arrived just before the Christmas just gone. Now searching for another! I can't seem to get Cortinas out of my head!

I bought my first Cortina (Mk2) in August last year.

I've wanted one since I was about 8 or 9 yrs old. I'm now 43 and will never sell it now I've finally got one!

I've owned my mk5 Ghia for three nearly three months and only driven it 100 yards into storage until the decent weather arrives " hopefully "

post-15445-045930700 1486756076_thumb.jpg

I've owned my mk5 Ghia for three nearly three months and only driven it 100 yards into storage until the decent weather arrives " hopefully "

Australian import is it? ;)

At 18 my Second car was a 1.6 xl in yellow ,sat it on the floor 2.1 bill Blythe engine ,full 2000e interior in the blue

Loved that car ,deal show it was on the road till 2008.

I've owned both my 2dr mk 3's for five years now a month apart they was bought :thumbup:

Mine is a 1967 1500 DeLux and was purchased by my father for my oldest sister in 1969. It then passed on to my other sister and I to share until 1972 when I was given full use. I purchased it from my father in 1979 and have kept it.

Bought mine(1969 Series 2 Lotus) in 1983, when I was 18, it was a toss up between it, and 1962 Consul convertible, red with a white roof. The Consul was £600 and the Cortina £580, but the Consul needed some welding, so I went with the Cortina. Drove it for 3 years, bought a flat, couldn't afford to run it so put it in the garage. Got married, moved, car and all, kids came along, and it sat in the garage for years, until 5 years ago when I set about it. Bodywork not far off now, hope to get it on the road for it's 50th in 2019.

Love it when propa owners keep there pride n joys for years and then restore them.top thread .far too many to list myself .none for any more than a few years sadly.And only own 2 now.

Owned my mk 3 since about 1999-ish, bought it for £125 of a local garage guy who was a regular customer of the scrapyard i was working at at the time.

PA190042.jpg

No progress on this car yet, hoping to try and get some sort of something happening with it this year hopefully.

Mk4 was bought in the early 2000s', this time from a scrappy. I spotted it on the top deck of their car transporter and scooted round to see if they would sell it.

Yep, yours for £80. :thumbup:

Grange%20over%20Sands.%209.8.2015%20004_zpsmscwybmh.jpg

Did'nt look tlike this though, it was a standard white Ghia.

Owned my mk 3 since about 1999-ish,

PA190042.jpg

I'm liking that yellow/red colour scheme on your mk3 :thumbup:

Owned my mk 3 since about 1999-ish, bought it for £125 of a local garage guy who was a regular customer of the scrapyard i was working at at the time.

PA190042.jpg

No progress on this car yet, hoping to try and get some sort of something happening with it this year hopefully.

Mk4 was bought in the early 2000s', this time from a scrappy. I spotted it on the top deck of their car transporter and scooted round to see if they would sell it.

Roman Bronze mk4 parked next to it looks nice ;)

PA190042.jpg

Still think this is the best looking mk4 I've seen. If you ever come across a set of those wheels let me know mate.

There was a great breakers in lightmoor Telford, they had manufacturers and models in rows, haven't been for 20 years at least so wonder if it is still there. But the guy in the cabin would ask 'what you looking for' and you could look down the ford isle and see several capris/cortinas/sierras. It was a magic place, one of the old boys working there looked to be permenantly covered head to toe in oil.

I have owned mine for two years now. She was in ashes to ashes and keeley Hawes has driven her in the series. 44k miles with full history and original sales receipt. Now running a 2.3 l4 engine and very different from when I got her.