Sign in to follow this  
Scrumpy

1600E rear brake cylinders

I need to replace both rear wheel cylinders on my E, I was hoping to use a seal kit but theyre too far gone.

Theres a couple of people on fleabay advertising 3/4 bore cylinders as a direct replacement for the original 7/8 items, at a fraction of the cost. I know these will fit but how will it affect the braking in general, could it mean more or less effort to the rear wheels? Has anyone else on here with an E or GT used these and are there any noticable differences?

Edited by Scrumpy

I need to replace both rear wheel cylinders on my E, I was hoping to use a seal kit but theyre too far gone.

Theres a couple of people on fleabay advertising 3/4 bore cylinders as a direct replacement for the original 5/8 items, at a fraction of the cost. I know these will fit but how will it affect the braking in general, could it mean more or less effort to the rear wheels? Has anyone else on here with an E or GT used these and are there any noticable differences?

I take the bore size 5/8 should read 7/8!

Yes, my bad. Now edited.

they will be fine , nearly all your braking is done by the front anyway - just dont have odd size ones on the back

Thanks, I'll give them a go.