Sign in to follow this  
JoeyGXL

72 Mk3 1600L

So circumstances have arisen and I am looking to sell my red 4 door 1600 xflow.

The 711M engine was freshly rebuilt at the beginning of the year to standard spec..... see my topic.... https://www.buysellcortina.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/71598-mk3-sunset-red-1600l/

It has excellent running gear, the rear axle, front xmember and gearbox were all from a very low milage 1300L (meaning the rear axle is a 4.11 but it drives very well) She also has standard shocks and springs all round so she's very comfy and wallowy to drive. I had some front end welding done to her earlier in the year so the engine bay is all painted and detailed. The plan was to do the whole car as it still needs a few bits looking at. It has crusty rear arches and lower quarters. And overall the paint looks good from a far, but far from good. I have a pair of rust free 2nd hand wings and a NOS gen ford rear quarter section for one side, and an after marked wheel arch for the other side which will be included if I get my asking price.

It has 11 months MOT ready to go and is super reliable. I have been driving it daily for the last few weeks and shes been spot on! There were a few little niggles such as the temp gauge not working properly, a pin hole in the heater matrix and a small vac leak in the carb caused by the base gasket. These have all since been fixed! It has brand new tyres on the front, as well as nearly new on the rear, new front brake lines, shoes and recent pads.

As you may know I bought this car in 2012 with a 3.5 rover v8 fitted. And I have recently put it back to standard 1600L spec. The conversion had very little in the way of body modifications so it was easy to put back - The tunnel and bulkhead were untouched aside from the gearshift hole being widened (this has been cut out and a hole from a scrap mk3 welded back in), Aside from that it had only had the standard radiator mounts cut out as well as the inner valance to make room for a bigger radiator, these have all been replaced professionally with new panels (again please see my topic)

I was planning on keeping the car a while longer and getting the few areas of rust that are on the rear wheel arches and rear quarters repaired and the whole car painted. I will throw in a few other goodies if I get my asking price such as a pair of gt tombstones, set of dartboard style wheels (in need of refurb) A 32/36 carb and manifold and maybe a few other spares along with the panels. The car is ready to drive every day, and is a absolute joy to drive. Wasn't planning on selling but something has come up.

£4250 Located in Bristol.

JpQeClq.jpg

Y0bFrrf.jpg

YklCgw3.jpg

If anyone is interested please PM me with your email address and I will send more detailed pictures!

Cheers

Edited by JoeyGXL

thats a good buy imo :winner:

Yep and it drives nice and smoothly too. Better than my old 1300 and with three adults in it also goes up hills well. It's the ideal car for someone who either wants something nice and original which is authentic in the way it looks, drives and handles or as a clean slate which is solid where it counts to modify imo.

Yep and it drives nice and smoothly too. Better than my old 1300 and with three adults in it also goes up hills well. It's the ideal car for someone who either wants something nice and original which is authentic in the way it looks, drives and handles or as a clean slate which is solid where it counts to modify imo.

Thanks mate! :thumbup: