Sign in to follow this  
bugsntinas

inertia starter motor

i'm awaiting a reply off ebay but in the mean time has anyone got a decent inertia starter motor?our is an early mk5 1.6 pinto.

I thought that they were pre engaged starters on the mk5? If it is a inertia they are easy to Recondition with new brushes - available on eBay for less than a tenner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that they were pre engaged starters on the mk5? If it is a inertia they are easy to Recondition with new brushes - available on eBay for less than a tenner

ours is registered dec '79 but definately has the one with the shaft sticking out

As far as I can make out , this should have the same 3 bolt fixing , 10 tooth starter as lots of earlier Fords , Lucas no 25148 or LRS100 , and if it is , I had a service exchange one listed on e-bay but got no bids at £20 - post would be about £8 on top if any good to you . Steve.

Yep should be same as earlier ones ,they changed to pre- engaged on the 1.3/1.6 during early 1980.

Any links to good supplier. .

As far as I can make out , this should have the same 3 bolt fixing , 10 tooth starter as lots of earlier Fords , Lucas no 25148 or LRS100 , and if it is , I had a service exchange one listed on e-bay but got no bids at £20 - post would be about £8 on top if any good to you . Steve.

thanks for the offer but managed to get a nos today but paid €50.we were desperate as we used son's golf but the wipers don't work and it rains here quite abit lol

early 1.6 Mk5s had the inertia starter thumbsup.gif