Sign in to follow this  
cortina-city

Wanted, spare wheel dish/cup securing

for holding the wheel down into the tub im looking for the dished cup type fastener.

I have the bolt but missing the cup, it sits inside the rostyle and then the bolt secures thru it to hold spare wheel in place

later ones were a flatish bar / butterfly style

looks like the rostyle needs the cup and ford sports wheels have the butterfly?

reason im thinking this is the bolt i have is not long enough if used with the butterfly type bracket, but if i remeber from swampy (raining and garage locked up) LAZY the dished cup would allow this bolt to reach.

anyone help?

Not sure I've seen these Pete. .hv u looked in parts manual? ..maybe a job for Mr tibbs...3D printer ...

I from memory early think Mk4 are the same or very similar to the one you need Pete may be easier to find.

That's the one that Pete refers to as the butterfly one Hans

• Upvote 1

My First Car was an Early Mk4 estate and the spare wheel fixing I had was similar to yours Hans just Wider on both ends I think, I can understand Pete-C refers to as a butterfly.

thanks guys, no its like a cup, i think i found it , or at very least the part that 'looks' like the gearbox crossmember cup fits EXACT!!!! like a glove, im noit sure if i have had this part all along and confsed it with gearbox cup OR it is actually the wheel cup!!! picture on my rebuild thread have a look, thanky you for all your help so far, im banking on markymarkthree to find a microfiche piccy

• Upvote 1

Just looking in the parts list book Pete. .funny I can't even find the butterfly plate one...section 23...Luggage compartment parts. ..should show the spare wheel clamp and plate surely? ..up to you now Mark😎

According to Mr Fiche there was one type of clamp thingy produced from 07-70/10-71 and a different one from 10-71 onwards.

This ties in nicely with rostyles being produced from 07-71/10-71 and sports steels from 10-71 onwards.

Now if you really wish to to pull the birds and impress them you could mention that there were 4 different lengths to the retaining bolts. :wub:

bracket is upside down but thats it!!! you fit it upside down for standard rims and for rostyles it swaps round