Sign in to follow this  
MOVILLE_CORTINA

Mk 4 petrol tank

Hi, can anyone suggest where I can get a replacement petrol tank for my '77 mk4. The original has 2 rust holes and the neck is starting to separate from the main body. I am in NI but will pay the extra postage. thanks

you can normally pick them up on ebay quite easily, last time i looked a new pattern one was about £129

3 4 5 all the same :thumbup:

Edited by TIB3300

I have one in my unit, but TBH I don't have a pallet or box that it could go in, and I doubt you'd want to drive to St Helens to pick it up.

i bought one on ebay around 3 months ago, just fitted it and its perfect.

if filler neck does not sit central in filler housing just bend with a wooden broomstick

hocus pocus!

I have one in my unit, but TBH I don't have a pallet or box that it could go in, and I doubt you'd want to drive to St Helens to pick it up.

If Moville isn't able to collect I'd be interested in buying this. Are you going to Blackpool on Sunday?

If Moville isn't able to collect I'd be interested in buying this. Are you going to Blackpool on Sunday?

Yes I am, but the tank is in my unit and I've already brought the motor home that I'm taking. I'm not going to be able to get it before Sunday.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="cortina-city" data-cid="662164" data-time="1505462911">

if filler neck does not sit central in filler housing just bend with a wooden broomstick</blockquote>

It took me ages to work that out, but yup that's how I did it.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="cortina-city" data-cid="662164" data-time="1505462911">

if filler neck does not sit central in filler housing just bend with a wooden broomstick</blockquote>

It took me ages to work that out, but yup that's how I did it.

Good job you didn't break it, otherwise you may of had to walk.

Morning.