Sign in to follow this  
TIB3300

Strange Letter from DVLA

If they don't ask don't tell. :angel_not:

Problem is they do ask everyone.

So if you have an accident and kill someone in your car and the logbook says it has X fitted and you have XXX fitted you will be in the 5hit big time.

• Upvote 3

Thanks Marky

For reminding me about this post :thumbup:

Rite I have spoken to a lady at DVLA regarding all this,

She told me in a roundabout way, :juggle: this is because most old fords now demand a high premium and with that in mind, means the thief's out there also know this.

Its all about making sure its the original car.? She told me they pass on the pictures to an expert for analysis "I do hope its Paul" So for me its a win win :)

Edited by TIB3300
  • Upvote 3

Its all about making sure its the original car.

exactly , the original car , not something with some Cortina bits and an old V5

Its all about making sure its the original car.

• Upvote 2

"I did send some pictures of the car when I acquired It and some showing the car in my home made cacoon".

Update on this is, got an email yesterday saying,,,,

Good Morning and thank you for your images,

With the vehicle in its current condition, I would like to ask you to reapply when the vehicle has been fully rebuilt. Should the vehicle require a standard inspection after a rebuild, then the vehicle needs to be in a running and in a complete state, in order for our inspection officer to come out to you to take a look at the vehicle.

I will have your case and application held on file, along with all the images you have already submitted.

Once the vehicle is complete you can email me at cio.vehicles@dvla.gsi.gov.uk when the time comes, this department will reopen your case.

Regards,

Sarah-Louise White

Deputy AO - Ext. 83026

OFT Team 3 | D13 | DVLA | Swansea | SA6 7JL

Edited by TIB3300

But as Ifigure it :icecream:

Do I need the Log book ? ;)

I'm not selling the car for quite sometime :thumbup:

I wont need an MOT after May 20 2018 :thumbup:

Tax Is free :thumbup:

I can insure a car that's not in my name :thumbup:

Edited by TIB3300

I think you might need the log book, the green slip, or the DVLA reminder to tax it - even though there's nothing to pay for the tax.

This is going to affect a lot of people's projects. It's almost like you need to get the car assembled, MOT'd and on the road before starting on a project.

Re the MOT exemption. I may be mistaken but I read somewhere that a classic motor won't be MOT exempt if it has an upgraded engine giving out more than 15% more power than the original supplied unit. Not sure how true this is (Dave.com will know), nor how they'd actually sort it, but I'd imagine a stonking big engine would be hard to describe as the same power output as left the factory.

• Upvote 1

That policy was challenged and the gov basically agreed to rescind. According to an artical in a recent thread. Although I'd like to see an official account of that.

I thought you were just applying for a log book in your name? Whats all the rest of this got to do with it? I'm confused.

Edited by kenbex522

I thought you were just applying for a log book in your name? Whats all the rest of this got to do with it? I'm confused.

He plans to fit a chrysler/dodge 318ci engine to it.

He plans to fit a chrysler/dodge 318ci engine to it.

I dont think all this is about the engine change, Its about cars FORD cars turning up after years of being missing off the system .To make sure its not a ringer

WIll it have to be on a Q plate Tone?

God no! :wacko:

All the dvla needed to know is the new eng size & number why have you told them anything else?

You've given yourself grief you didn't need.