RT 1006

Genuine Motorcraft EFL90 oil filters

Right, before anyone thinks these are a great deal and look cool https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CORTINA-MK3-MK4-MK5-1-6-2-0-NEW-OHC-PINTO-OIL-FILTER-REPRO-EFL-90-STICKER/162738570402?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 don't be stupid. Go to you're local Ford parts department and you'll get a PROPER Motorcraft EFL90 filter for about a fiver and not some crap Chinese thing with a tacky looking sticker slapped on the side of it for almost twice the price.

lol, i did think that when i saw these a while ago!!

This is my favourite line in the listing "THIS IS A CHEAP WAY TO GET THAT CONCOURSE LOOKING OIL FILTER". Or an an even cheaper way would be to go and get a genuine Motorcraft one in the first place :lol: . Ten out of ten to the seller, everyone loves a trier.

I wish. My local fords told me their parts list went back to something like the mid 80's, the young lad wasn't remotely interested in what I was enquiring about.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="wolfrace" data-cid="666374" data-time="1512512522"><p>

I wish. My local fords told me their parts list went back to something like the mid 80's, the young lad wasn't remotely interested in what I was enquiring about.</p></blockquote>

Ours is the same. Claim to have no parts for a Cortina at all. But other dealers have been very helpful.

Or you could still just go along to a Ford dealership and get one......most will give a good discount on retail price if they know it's for a classic.

cost me more than £3 to drive to my local ford dealer and about an hour round trip

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="wolfrace" data-cid="666374" data-time="1512512522"><p>

I wish. My local fords told me their parts list went back to something like the mid 80's, the young lad wasn't remotely interested in what I was enquiring about.</p></blockquote>

Ours is the same. Claim to have no parts for a Cortina at all. But other dealers have been very helpful.

I believe the trick is to have the finis number, dont bother trying to explain what its for just ask have you got a 12341234 please

cost me more than £3 to drive to my local ford dealer and about an hour round trip

Only a 15 minute bike ride for me so I get free exercise as well, and yes a finis number is benificial.

I believe the trick is to have the finis number, dont bother trying to explain what its for just ask have you got a 12341234 please

I found another Ford dealer with a very helpful 'old timer' on the parts counter. :thumbup:

that's an easy one to remember eh :D

I found another Ford dealer with a very helpful 'old timer' on the parts counter. :thumbup:

nice one - I have heard of parts counter staff not know the Ford Cortina ever existed

I suspect this guy was selling parts when Cortinas were in the showroom!

When I worked at Fords the EFL90 was 1564767 and then went to 1555451, not sure if it's still the same.