mike912

Mk 5 vinal roof wanted

There was a place in Liverpool, one of Stevo's mates, and I know a chap in Southport. Would be interested to know recommendations myself though.

East Kent trim supplies

Ordered one for myself a few weeks back. Think it was about £130, came with contact adhesive too.

I wouldnt be in a hurry to fit another though, lot of messing around to get it laying right, but it came out better than I thought it would!

Any good trimmer should be able to supply & fit one.

Pending what area you are, in Stoke on Trent, there is a very good upholsterer, does not advertise, just word of mouth, l have an interior to collect on Wednesday, l could ask him for a quote, l happen to have a few Mk5's l can take the measurements off, pm me if you want.

I was told this was an awful job and best left to professionals. Had mine done at Autotrimmers in Middlesbrough. Not cheap as the old vinyl has to be stripped and roof prep'd as well as front and rear screens to come out. It was £360 + whatever I had to pay separately for screen removal and refit. They said they would probably charge more if they did another one. Excellent job though. Also be careful to source Ford pattern vinyl. I got mine from somewhere based in Salford but can't remember their name

I was told this was an awful job and best left to professionals. Had mine done at Autotrimmers in Middlesbrough. Not cheap as the old vinyl has to be stripped and roof prep'd as well as front and rear screens to come out. It was £360 + whatever I had to pay separately for screen removal and refit. They said they would probably charge more if they did another one. Excellent job though. Also be careful to source Ford pattern vinyl. I got mine from somewhere based in Salford but can't remember their name

Interesting, i drive around Salford every day and i'm going to fit a vinyl roof to my mk3 as it has long since dissapeard, (wasn't on the car when i bought it).

Be good if you could find out who they are. I'll defenatly get one from them due to your recommendations. :thumbup:

I'll contact Autotrimmers tomorrow and see if they recorded who I referred them to for material. The Salford supplier was not supplying a roof but material to make a roof.

I'll contact Autotrimmers tomorrow and see if they recorded who I referred them to for material. The Salford supplier was not supplying a roof but material to make a roof.

That would be great. :thumbup:

The material supplier in Salford is Segal Trimming. 0161 834 7994. You need to ask for the original Ford texture

The material supplier in Salford is Segal Trimming. 0161 834 7994. You need to ask for the original Ford texture

Excellent. :thumbup:

Segal are only a few doors down from a customer who i deliver to. He's also into his classic cars as well. If you Google street view and place yourself near the bridge you'll see a Morris Minor under the tarp (still there!!) and he has various MGB's on the go in his shop.

Be good to see if they have any other Ford related stuff in there too, such as seat material etc... Will let you know how i get on.

Edited by martog