nascar66

What have you done to your Cortina lately?

They came from a Audi TT and fit well, I have back problems so needed something more adjustable. I have kept the originals so it could go back to standard easy enough.

I have a spare pair if anybody wants them..

post-2840-0-12640000-1520103381_thumb.jpg

They came from a Audi TT and fit well, I have back problems so needed something more adjustable. I have kept the originals so it could go back to standard easy enough.

yes it can be a choice of change the seats or not use the car , my back has been giving me greif for a few weeks now booked in for an MRI scan for an april fool treat

Sold it :( But all is not lost it will be replaced with a mk2 cortina estate when i find the right one :thumbup:

wallet got too heavy did it?

Drove mine to Northern Ireland to its new garage(we've moved) of which is heated, cushdy. :D

Not done as much on the rat mobile as I should have considering it's supposed to be at Monmouth three months today, might just about make it to Moffat. It will be making a trip to Cortina d Amprezzo in May next year though :) . Months of crap cold weather and no effective heating system in the workshop hasn't helped things. A large fortune has been spent on new and refurbished parts though.

Nothing carnt be bothered.

Very simlar to the seats I've got, Hyundi coupe

Love you Kev...

Hi,

I had my MK5 2.0 Ghia Auto out for a 50 mile run last weekend it was a nice sunny dry winters day. Not like this weekend.

Lately I have bought and fitted a pair of NOS Rear Over riders, A NOS fuse box is waiting to be fitted along with a set of rear brake shoes.

Biggest job on the go at the moment is I have bought a Short motor to refurbish at my leisure as the current engine uses a bit of oil. it does have a rather large score on number 2 bore. I have the "New" block stripped bare and is ready to go for a Crank Regrind, a bore hone and also a quick skim of the block face.

I want to be able to swap the blocks over in a short period of time then the Cortina wont get left in pieces for to long.

Cheers

Steve

yes it can be a choice of change the seats or not use the car , my back has been giving me greif for a few weeks now booked in for an MRI scan for an april fool treat

How did you manage that? All I was offered was x-ray which (predictably) wasn't particularly conclusive.

I have bucket seats in my Mk3. It happens that they are very comfortable for my back, but I suspect for someone else they'd be uncomfortable as there's no adjustment.

"What have you done to your Cortina lately?"

Nothing, mk5 is sleeping 'till the better weather.

DSC_0069_zpsdydw1mjk.jpg

Hi John,

Quite envious of your "Cramped" Garage. If you don't mind me asking what is the Audi Coupe hiding in the corner a "Quattro" by any chance? and the estate knowing you will be an RS4.

Not so interested in the Pedal Bikes but the Real Bike is OK!!

Are you still up for the MK3 Show at Peebles?

Cheers

Steve

Sounds like a good plan Steve.

Hi John,

Quite envious of your "Cramped" Garage. If you don't mind me asking what is the Audi Coupe hiding in the corner a "Quattro" by any chance? and the estate knowing you will be an RS4.

Not so interested in the Pedal Bikes but the Real Bike is OK!!

Are you still up for the MK3 Show at Peebles?

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

The red coupe is a 20v Quattro.......it's my baby! The estate.....you'll need to guess again!

Definitely yes for the Peebles gig :thumbup:

How did you manage that? All I was offered was x-ray which (predictably) wasn't particularly conclusive.

I have bucket seats in my Mk3. It happens that they are very comfortable for my back, but I suspect for someone else they'd be uncomfortable as there's no adjustment.

Had an MRI about 2 years ago , then a consultation with a back surgeon who offered to operate but as by then I felt fine again I declined , though he gave me his number and told me if I changed my mind I could give him a ring and he would " put me on the list ". My MRI shows degeneration on several vertebrae and a bulging disc.