Sign in to follow this  
swcortina

Rostyle half chrome wheels

I have 5 rostyle wheels, 3 are half chrome and 2 non chrome, all in need a refurb, 1 of the half chrome wheels has a hole in the edge of the rim so would need repairing, please see links below. Any advice on their value would be much appreciated.

https://ibb.co/album/eRoJVa

https://ibb.co/album/kQzmGF

https://ibb.co/album/iFM0bF

Hi

in my opinion not worth a lot in that condition as I dont think anyone now has the equipment to take them apart to restore . There used to be company in midlands who could split the centres from the rims and then rivet back together after rechroming the centres .

regards

Dave

Thanks for your input, didn't think they'd be worth much and was looking for a lot for them.

Ive got a set of four for sale which are in very good condition complete with all new tyres ( never used and purchased about 6 months ago ) . They have perfect chrome embellishes and the correct centres. 1600E type.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dxcgnoc" data-cid="670866" data-time="1521068436"><p>

Hi<br />

in my opinion not worth a lot in that condition as I dont think anyone now has the equipment to take them apart to restore . There used to be company in midlands who could split the centres from the rims and then rivet back together after rechroming the centres .<br />

<br />

regards<br />

<br />

Dave</p></blockquote>

Really?

I'm not sure but did think this was still done..I know early Rostyles we're riveted

Rim to hub and ideally these are the ones to look for if intending to get rechromed

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dxcgnoc" data-cid="670866" data-time="1521068436"><p>

Hi<br />

in my opinion not worth a lot in that condition as I dont think anyone now has the equipment to take them apart to restore . There used to be company in midlands who could split the centres from the rims and then rivet back together after rechroming the centres .<br />

<br />

regards<br />

<br />

Dave</p></blockquote>

Really?

I'm not sure but did think this was still done..I know early Rostyles we're riveted

Rim to hub and ideally these are the ones to look for if intending to get rechromed

yes but at around £400 per wheel people are likely to start with better wheels