Mach1 John

MK2 Cortina, any model!

Hello everyone from a new member. I am looking for a Mk2,standard, unfinished or modified project. I want to recreate my early 70,s fun I had with my dads Cortina (FFF 813E). Any model considered including estate and not bothered if it is LHD. I have a lot of parts saved from my dads car including a superb 1650 pre x/flow GT engine to build into another Cortina. Has someone you know got a car that,s expired, needs finishing off or has only just got started and needs a good home? I would prefere to buy a car that has an interior, glass, wiring and 4 wheels with not too much bodywork to deal with but don,t mind one that needs painting. Thanks for reading this and I look forward to hearing from a fellow member with some good news for me.

Could you give us a rough idea of your budget John and where are you based .

I was thinking up to £2,500 for something that floats my boat as an unfinished kind of thing, do you think that will be enough? Could possibly go a touch more. Thanks you for the reply, very kind of you. I,m based in West Lancashire near Preston but I,m happy to travel anywhere for a car. Look forward to hearing from you again and have a great weekend. Cheers, John

I bought my mk2 from a trader in Finland in August 2016. It needs new paint and recommissioning although I'm just going to polish it up for now but after shipping to the uk it was under £2000 so you may be lucky.

There was a Mark 2 for sale across the road from me for sale on Friday, I spotted it as I was driving home from work, I will go and have a look in a while and see if its still there and price etc

• Upvote 1

I just walked over the road and it has gone. I have asked my dad to have a look in the week and if it there again, grab some details for you.

You should have gone to cleveleys car show today,a chap came up and asked if we wanted to buy a 1500gt for restoration, he said shell was solid and in primer, he just couldn't be bothered to finish it. Unfortunately he didn't give us a price so we didn't ask any more detail :bag:

I may have had something for you a bit more money than that but its looking like its sold now - local to you as well.

You should have gone to cleveleys car show today,a chap came up and asked if we wanted to buy a 1500gt for restoration, he said shell was solid and in primer, he just couldn't be bothered to finish it. Unfortunately he didn't give us a price so we didn't ask any more detail :bag:

I think he thinks its worth a mint Pete

Hello everyone. Thank you for your fantastic efforts and advice regarding a Cortina for me. As a new member I am impressed that you are taking the time to help me on my way. I will keep logging in to view your comments etc. and I,m sure something will turn up eventually. Hope you alll enjoyed the great bank holliday weather and got out in your cars. Thanks again, john

Thought I'd stick this up here as its where I got my car from. Jason at Koskin Imports. A great guy to deal with.

It is over your budget but compared to my car which would have been within your budget it is much better.

If you ask him I'm sure he will send you lots of detailed photos. He did for me anyway.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163030567274

Matt.

Edited by nascar66

I just read the description again and there is link to more detailed photos.

Thought I'd stick this up here as its where I got my car from. Jason at Koskin Imports. A great guy to deal with.

It is over your budget but compared to my car which would have been within your budget it is much better.

If you ask him I'm sure he will send you lots of detailed photos. He did for me anyway.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163030567274

Matt.

Thanks for your link Matt. I,ve taken a look and Jason has some interesting cars for sale. i will contact him and see if he can find a car for me. All the best, John

No problem. Good luck.

Good evening everyone. As a newbie, i,ve enjoyed being in the forums with fellow members. Good news for you all, and me of course!!! is that I have got my self a new car to play with thanks to you guys. A Mk2 Estate, a true survivor car, in fantastic original condition. I will post some pictures when I get it but may be a few weeks.

A couple of things you may be able to help me with. I would like a pair of usable door striker plates for a Mk1 2 door and if anyone has a 1600E centre console and dash top with the clocks in, I would like to buy them. Keep enjoying your Cortinas, cheers, John