Sign in to follow this  
TIB3300

Forum Problems

Thanks for a great forum guys :thumbup:

But i have a few issues :wacko:

Firstly is weather am using internet explorer or Firefox, when revisiting a post. I have to try and fined where I was up too, as it takes my to the first page every time ,

another issue is the mail box .

It wont open sometime unless I open in another tab and with Firefox its not visible

And I cant add pictures to post as there is no link at the bottom

Edited by TIB3300

It's likely your cookie settings are set too strict.

Try allow all on your cookie settings & see whether you get the same issues, also have you tried it on a different pc & if so do you get the same issues?

I too have noticed over the last couple of months that viewing a thread that you have read before takes you to the first page and you then have to manually navigate to the last read post.

Is it possible to post pictures from your pc yet as it would be much simpler.?

Yes I have done it from my PC at home, but the option isn't there today :headscratch:

Edited by TIB3300

I too have noticed over the last couple of months that viewing a thread that you have read before takes you to the first page and you then have to manually navigate to the last read post.

Firefox or internet explorer Tone

It started doing that after the last update, I'm due to do another update as soon as I get some spare time, hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

I'll probably have to take the forum offline for a day or so though to do it. There are a lot of new feature in the update, including a much improved mobile version.

To post a pic, click on the "More Reply Options" button and the option to upload is on the bottom left of the reply box - "attach files"

Test

Could you do a screenshot of the "attatch files" bit Neil , I can't find it at all .

Could you do a screenshot of the "attatch files" bit Neil , I can't find it at all .

i cant find it either.

OK I have just done a little experiment.

I will have to put up another post to show whats happening called as I cant show pictures on this post

"Forum Problems page info"

Link here below

https://www.buysellcortina.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/74585-forum-problems-page-info/

Edited by TIB3300

Different areas of the forum have different privileges, e.g. off topic does not have the option to upload images, whereas cortina discussion does.

the reason being is that the site is about Cortinas & we don't want to be using up bandwidth for non cortina pictures etc which is why off topic does not have that option.

It's been set like this since the forum was first installed.

Different areas of the forum have different privileges, e.g. off topic does not have the option to upload images, whereas cortina discussion does.

the reason being is that the site is about Cortinas & we don't want to be using up bandwidth for non cortina pictures etc which is why off topic does not have that option.

It's been set like this since the forum was first installed.

You can, I just done it straight off the laptop ? :headscratch:

Edited by markymarkthree

You can, I just done it straight off the laptop ? :headscratch:

I may well have changed the settings a year or two ago