Sign in to follow this  
myolford

Wanted Front Valance inner and outer mk4

had a mishap with the car today, the jig it was on for restoration, collapsed and the front end hit the jig brace hard denting the front valance.

Its damaged the front outer valance and the inner section that the radiator supports mount to.

Ideally i'm looking for new original ford if available

Thanks

Good luck on finding a original front valance for a mk4, these are none existant. Best bet would be a mk5 one and weld the four holes up. Magnum panels in Rochdale do them for £117 though they are cheaper at Motomobile in Germany at £79 though then you have to factor in the postage.

Under rad support panel will cost an arm and a leg to buy too, keep your eye on evilbay or contact that Clomoco fella who advertizises on there and maybe see if he will do a deal.

I have both bits (aftermarket), but want to keep them just in case i do a "shove a car up the bum with a tow bar fitted" scenario. Been there, done that! :blush:

or contact that Clomoco fella who advertizises on there and maybe see if he will do a deal.

I wouldn't bother, you'd have to sell your house if you want to buy anything off him :thumbdown:

I wouldn't bother, you'd have to sell your house if you want to buy anything off him :thumbdown:
Supply and demand ,if you can't find you have to pay more .

I bought a rear n/s quarter for my 2dr mk3 off him yes I paid a lot for it ,but I have never seen one for sale and express don't list it

Edited by J2S

That was really unfortunate, can't help you with the panels, got a pair of Mk4 wings, waiting for that elusive 2.0S to turn up.

How bad is it....could you put some timber across the transmission tunnel and push the inner valance back with the hydraulic jack.

Then weld on the slide hammer and pull the valance back into shape tapping down the high spots. Or get a spoon in from behind to lever it out . If necessary cut a section of the outer valance out to straighten the inner panel. Only you would ever know it had been done if you cut it with a slitting disc and butt weld it back in and your handy with a hammer and dolly.

Put some pics up ,always a way around things unless it's proper foocked

That will pull out.

All salvageable, would knock back with a block of wood and large sledgehammer they arent very strong there.Need to make sure the chassis rails arent under any tension.

That will pull out.

We pulled my Capri's front valence out literally, with a 4 litre Daimler and a tow rope. :frank:

managed to source a NOS original inner

I just need the correct outer front valance now if anyone can help ?

f5af90f6-27e8-492c-a667-bd3f8b319456.jpg

Edited by myolford

Did u get the mk5 Valance..if no..pm me..maybe able to help

Gary