consul315

is there a new forum layout again?

bloody hell it must be better if Beowulf can upload a pic off his phone,  well done sir!

• Like 1

Can we please have a big " view new content " button again - it was the best way to navigate the site and it feels a lot harder work now ? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, the-ford-cortina.com said:

Can we please have a big " view new content " button again - it was the best way to navigate the site and it feels a lot harder work now ? 

Yes please admin.

Edited by DHV571D
  • Like 1

It's at the top mid right (At least it is on mobile) and you can configure it.

is the unread content button not the same thing i have been using that but i'm not sure if its working the same.

On the old forum, when I clicked on view new content and then clicked a thread it used to take me to the first post in that thread that I hadn't read. Now when I click unread content and then click a thread it takes me to the first post in the thread every time. Is there any way I can get it to go to the first unread post like it used to?

As Beowulf says, you can configure your own search parameters if you wish too

Neil I have no idea what configure your own search parameters means . Could you please explain this please .

As Beowulf says, you can configure your own search parameters if you wish too

10 minutes ago, D-FENS said:

Neil I have no idea what configure your own search parameters means . Could you please explain this please .

If you click on activity, click my activity streams, click configure my activity streams, you have the option to setup your search parameters, so that.you can use these as you preferred search parameters

I clicked on activity and just got a timeline of new posts . Can't see my activity streams and am struggling with this new layout .

Well done Neil for updating the site,we will get use to it,keeps the grey matter working :smile:

It must take up a lot of your time ,many thanks for what you do :thumbsup:

21 hours ago, D-FENS said:

I clicked on activity and just got a timeline of new posts . Can't see my activity streams and am struggling with this new layout .

If you click on unread content, you get options to select how you want it to display the content including whether you want to go to the first post in the topic or the first unread comment

see pic

Clipboard02.jpg

you can set up your own search criteria by clicking on Activity, My Activity Streams, 

Clipboard03.jpg

Clipboard04.jpg

13 hours ago, Captain Scarlet said:

Well done Neil for updating the site,we will get use to it,keeps the grey matter working :smile:

It must take up a lot of your time ,many thanks for what you do :thumbsup:

Yes, thanks from me too. I'm liking the new forum now I've worked out what I'm doing👍

• Upvote 1