Sign in to follow this  
John Gallagher

Cortina MK3 2 Litre Pinto Thermostat Housing

New ones available from Burton Power.

9 hours ago, RT 1006 said:

9 hours ago, RT 1006 said:

Contacted them they said it dosnt fit my Cortina I don’t think they no what they are selling by there negative feedback it’s looks like mine in the picture even asked them to send me more pictures of it showing the other side as I no the Sierra has a small pipe that comes off it 

You're right, they don't know what they're selling because I bought one last year that's why I know it's for Cortina.  There's plenty other people selling exactly the same thing for a tenner more, you could get one of them.

I bought one about a year ago, it'll fit. The quality is OK, not ford OE though, I tidied up and polished out some of the casting marks before fitting it.

3 hours ago, RT 1006 said:

You're right, they don't know what they're selling because I bought one last year that's why I know it's for Cortina.  There's plenty other people selling exactly the same thing for a tenner more, you could get one of them.

I sent them a few emails saying can you send some more pictures of the other side of the thermostat housing they keep saying it won’t fit my Cortina mk3 ,I think they are a Chinese seller based in the uk like other ones on eBay thanks

Typical, par for the course with them

On 11/29/2018 at 1:21 PM, dgo said:

Bought one from burton yesterday went to fit thermostat ,the thermostat is too loose when the clip is fitted it has been made wrong as I phoned them today complained to them as I got to take it back to them tomorrow it must be made in China 

Prob the same factory that makes the ebay ones, mine was a tight fit if anything. I have bent the spring a little to take up the slack in the past. I take it you used a new rubber washer and spring?

21 minutes ago, wolfrace said:

Prob the same factory that makes the ebay ones, mine was a tight fit if anything. I have bent the spring a little to take up the slack in the past. I take it you used a new rubber washer and spring?

Yes new rubber washer and new spring ,tried them in my old thermostat housing thermostat is not loose so burtons thermostat housing is made wrong so taking it back to them,if he says you have to buy a thicker washer from them I will get my money back

Said it before over priced tat.

17 hours ago, sheffieldcortinacentre said:

Said it before over priced tat.

Took it back he tried one of his clips thermostat still loose I told him they have been made wrong ,said to him they are made in China he said they are made in Germany I got my money back I,m going to repair mine with J-B Weld for now 

John, I had the very same problem earlier in the year. Waited forever for it to arrive (got lost in post) then when it was here the stat rattled around like a d#ck in a bucket!

Like you, I tried combinations of original and new parts arriving at the conclusion it's the housing at fault. On the phone Mr Burton made out I was some kinda fool for not realising you have to bend the clip to make it stay in.

WTF?!!!

I didn't accept that. The clip is flat coz that's how it was originally designed. The housing was designed to accept this clip and the correct washer. This arrangement has worked for years with no problem, why make it different?  All they had to do was copy the original. I don't get it. 

Oops, I'm going on a bit. Sorry. Craig's right.

Ps. I cleaned my original up in the end and refitted all original parts.