Sign in to follow this  
Mk2 Crayford

Mk2 windscreen

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:42 PM, Mk2 Crayford said:

Im after a good mk2 series 2  windscreen. Any out there in the essex area

Hi,

we have got 4 x good used ones at £50 each and 1 x nos toughened screen at £130 available,

we are based near Hockley Essex,

Cheers Kev 07876215453.

Cheers Kev.

I'lll give you a call on Friday to sort out picking one up. 

Aidy.

If anyone is looking for a windscreen rubber dont use Burton Motorsport. Theirs dont fit!

• Upvote 1

When I replaced the screen seals on my Series 1 MK 2 I got them from Burton power and was pleased with the fitment. 

On 2/26/2019 at 3:10 AM, Dave A said:

When I replaced the screen seals on my Series 1 MK 2 I got them from Burton power and was pleased with the fitment. 

it probably depends on which series car and which series windscreen you are fitting how good they fit 

Yeah well I found out all about screen seal difficulties on my Series 2 MK2...seems like there was two different screen sizes and seal thicknesses over the years and maybe the same size opening? I took out the old screen, thought I had two spare screens, having done this job many a time without issue I could not get the spare screen to go in and stupid me ended up cracking it, when I took it out again and measured it against the old one it was like 1/4'" too tall and wide roughly. I check the other spare I had it was also the larger one, it had the screen seal still with it and I checked and the seal was a thinner version which you cannot seem to obtain...being that the thinner seal I had was not reuseable I had the auto glass shop in town shave down the screen to about the size of the old one and put it in and while not perfect it worked out. When I replaced just the screen seals on my Series 1 car I had no problem with any of the seals no matter where they were sourced. I have another late, 1970 model here in the yard and I bet it is the thinner seal by the look of it so I left it alone. I cant be the only one that's found this out...or what? 

10 hours ago, Dave A said:

Yeah well I found out all about screen seal difficulties on my Series 2 MK2...seems like there was two different screen sizes and seal thicknesses over the years and maybe the same size opening? I took out the old screen, thought I had two spare screens, having done this job many a time without issue I could not get the spare screen to go in and stupid me ended up cracking it, when I took it out again and measured it against the old one it was like 1/4'" too tall and wide roughly. I check the other spare I had it was also the larger one, it had the screen seal still with it and I checked and the seal was a thinner version which you cannot seem to obtain...being that the thinner seal I had was not reuseable I had the auto glass shop in town shave down the screen to about the size of the old one and put it in and while not perfect it worked out. When I replaced just the screen seals on my Series 1 car I had no problem with any of the seals no matter where they were sourced. I have another late, 1970 model here in the yard and I bet it is the thinner seal by the look of it so I left it alone. I cant be the only one that's found this out...or what? 

NO YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE - ITS A NIGHTMARE WHEN YOU FIND OUT the hard way isnt it? 

13 hours ago, the-ford-cortina.com said:

NO YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE - ITS A NIGHTMARE WHEN YOU FIND OUT the hard way isnt it? 

I have not run into this on the rear screen yet-is that the same deal? Presumably if they used this thinner seal on the front they would do the same on the rear? or not so much? 

10 hours ago, Dave A said:

I have not run into this on the rear screen yet-is that the same deal? Presumably if they used this thinner seal on the front they would do the same on the rear? or not so much? 

no rear screens are all the same - there is no problem with them