Sign in to follow this  
Steve Walton

The Doctor has a MK5 2.3 for sale.

Badges in correct position

tc6.jpg

1 hour ago, GhiaMk4/5 said:

Ghia badges missing from the wings 

He probably dropped them in the paint tray as he was giving that slam panel it's final coat with the roller:laugh:

S pack on a ghia was gas shocks, squarer gear knob & couple other bits thicker rollbars I think, as ghia had most of the bits anyway.

The alloys where just silver no polished rim or painted cut outs.

9 hours ago, sheffieldcortinacentre said:

S pack on a ghia was gas shocks, squarer gear knob & couple other bits thicker rollbars I think, as ghia had most of the bits anyway.

The alloys where just silver no polished rim or painted cut outs.

Cheers, my 2.3 Ghia doesn't have the original supplying invoice, but it has some unusual accessories.

Not a bad car, but far from original condition. Would love to see it in the flesh. Does it have transit springs on the rear?😄

Just noticed the NASTY Pair of After Market Speakers in the front doors. Don't think Uncle Henry supplied those as standard. :oops:

1 hour ago, lotuscorty said:

Not a bad car, but far from original condition. Would love to see it in the flesh. Does it have transit springs on the rear?😄

Probably the over use of silicone weighing the engine bay down has forced the back end up.

4 hours ago, Steve Walton said:

Just noticed the NASTY Pair of After Market Speakers in the front doors. Don't think Uncle Henry supplied those as standard. :oops:

I noticed that as well.  My guess is the original speakers would be goost as they would have suffered foam rot, a common problem with most old speakers and not just car speakers.. This is where the foam rings supporting the speaker cones rot away.  Looks like the Doc has probably just replaced them with those horrible aftermarket things as they do look very new.  His attention to detail is sadly lacking on this car but still people see fit to bid it up to almost £9000 :ohmy:, mind boggling, I probably wouldn't give him half of that for it. 

Incidentally, if you want to keep your original speakers the foam rings can be replaced, it's a fiddly job but I've done several sets of car and old hifi speakers. 

Easy enough to replace with modern 4” speakers and hide them behind the factory grilles which would give a better sound than the originals, but as you say, if you want to keep it original, they can be replaced.

The best one I saw was Allan D’s KAU who’s restoration was documented on Bsc.

Im still looking for a mk5 Ghia Auto while we are on the subject but not paying 10k for one 😱

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Im still looking for a mk5 Ghia Auto while we are on the subject but not paying 10k for one 😱

Here's one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Cortina-2-0-Ghia-Auto/332990706529?hash=item4d87caf361:g:FykAAOSwliFcK6Bk but looking at the MOT history I'd make sure you give it a right good going over first.

16 minutes ago, RT 1006 said:

Here's one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Cortina-2-0-Ghia-Auto/332990706529?hash=item4d87caf361:g:FykAAOSwliFcK6Bk but looking at the MOT history I'd make sure you give it a right good going over first.

You must be a mind reader ...just emailed the seller and asked those exact questions re rust etc...I saw on the mot history